Nerds Rule the World

So, I haven't been on this site or posted anything in the past 4 years when I was 16 years old..

I'm 20 years old now going on 21...it seems like such a life time ago when all my worries revolved around me not having a phone or not being able to text someone; or even not being able to attend the birthday party of someone that I don't even speak to anymore.

My worries have gone so beyond not being allowed freedom and which parties I can and can not attend. Now I have to worry about what I want to do for the rest of my life and how to transition out of this dysfunctional, awful house.

I almost wish I was 16 again worrying about the wrong things, that really won't matter in 4-5 years. To any young teenagers reading this for some reason. I know everything seems like the end of the world at that age..but it truly isn't. It won't matter if you went to that party or if you wish you hung out with a certain crew, because the truth is after high-school you probably won't ever see or speak to them ever again.

That "cool" crew you envy or want to be apart of? Chances are they will be working at McDonald's the next time you see them. Don't worry about fitting in. You're smart? Kill that sh*t, work hard, bust your ass and get a good ass scholarship to a bomb ass school. Nerds rule the world. This way you won't be drowning in debt and crying about that $30,000 loan you have to take for only one academic year.

Don't sweat the small sh*t. If you can't see it mattering in the next 5 years, then forget about it. Life was so much easier when I was 16 and I didn't even know it.
August 11th, 2016 at 07:17am