Unbelievably Ticked Off

So, my mother passed away in December, and going through all of her stuff, she had left me a ring that she kept in a small turquoise square box with a lime green bow on top. The box was originally my brothers when he bought a ring from a jewelry company. The box was then adopted by my mother for the next few years and she used it a lot.

When she died, we found the ring she was passing down to me in that box, so I ended up adopting the box. I kept it in my purse and took it everywhere I went.

My brother texted me and asked if he could have it to send the same ring that came with it and get it resized. I was hesitant about it, but I figured if he told them in the special instructions that we needed the box back, then why not? He sent a note in the package that even told them we needed the box back.

He just got the ring back today, and it wasn't in the same box. They didn't even send the box back. They replaced the box with a purple hexagon with a pink bow on top.

I don't know if they believed the other box was old and thought we needed a new one, or what their problem is, but this is unbelievable. I went to their page and I sent them a message and told them of how disappointed I was.

How can a company not do one simple thing? And if the ring was too big to fit in the old box, they could have sent it back with the ring and a new box.

This might be something so small to some, but when someone so close to you dies, you become attached to a lot their things, even if it is as minuscule as a ring box.

I am so unbelievably pissed off, it's not even funny. My blood pressure is skyrocketing and I feel like I just want to hit something.
August 12th, 2016 at 04:51am