Catfishes on Mibba? + Part 1

So I believe it's time I speak out about this. I apologize for any errors in this post, I am typing this up from my phone.

Anyway...

A few years ago I was very active on Mibba. I hope to get there again, but we'll see how it goes. This was back when we had "Journal Entries" instead of Blogs. And there was no fancy layout behind these things. (But let's be real, blogs are fancy as hayal)

There was always drama. Little things becoming big, misunderstandings, bashing. But there was also a feel of community (and I'm sure it's still the same, just giving you some deets here). Most people knew each other, or knew of each other. There wasn't many guy users so whenever a guy did enter the wonderful world of Mibba, pretty much everyone lost it and accepted them in with open arms.

Anyway, there was one guy in particular I drew close to. And little did I know our friendship would carry on for years and years to come. I won't say his name, because everyone would know who I'm speaking of. But let's call this person Fred.

Fred got a lot of attention from the ladies. It was not just because of his looks, he was genuinely a good person. He was kind to everyone, but if someone messed with his friends he wouldn't just sit back and allow them to take it. At the time he was in his 20s. I wanna say 22-23. By now he would have been 26 or 27.

So Fred and I became the best of friends. I had never had a friend like him. So kind, so inderstanding. We started messaging back and forth every day on Mibba. Then he disappeared.

His account was deactivated with no warning. For whatever reason I got really emotional. And a few days later I get a message from a different account and it's him. He apologized for what he had done without even asking me if I was upset. So right there I knew that it wasn't just a one sided friendship.

We got to a point of telling each other that we loved one another, but again, just friends. Then we exchanged tumblrs. I remember in his previous Mibba account he had a good five pictures. He was gorgeous with a beautiful smile. But in the one he had just made, he didn't even post one. I saw a picture of him on tumblr. If I knew that such a thing as a catfish existed back then, I probably would have been like, "That's not the same guy". But I didn't say that. All I thought to myself was, "Wow, he looks different". When you aren't educated about what people on the Internet are capable of, a lot can go wrong.

Anyway, he ended up deleting that Mibba account because another Mibba user became obsessed with him. Pretty much they spoke a few times, she told him she fell in love with him, he told her he was sorry but he didn't feel the same. The girl lost it and said she would kill herself if he didn't say he loved her too. Then she faked her death and a bunch of nonesense happened. He got really depressed because he thought it was real. But when he found out he was really mad. She started sending him hate messages. Anyway, she was either a phsyco or a troll.

But again he deleted it and made another. I was there for him and so was another girl that we were both friends with. After some time he didn't even get on Mibba, and if I'm not mistaken he deleted the last one he had.

I'm gonna end up making about two or three more blogs because this is a pretty long story. But please stick around and be careful who you trust! How is everyone doing today?
August 13th, 2016 at 02:31pm