Fanfiction in the New Age|| Warped Tour 2016

I've been super inactive on here lately but earlier today I was just thinking and wanted to here some thoughts on it. I'll try to make this quick and to the point before I get sidetracked and start rambling. So as most of know, Mibba's slowing down and not how it used to be. Fanfiction is not how it used to be. A lot of our internet friends and favorite writers that wrote fanfiction have grown up, went to college, got jobs, married, started families, etc. Some have stayed dedicated to their fanfiction, some have given it up completely. I've thought about giving it up completely tbh.

I went to Warped Tour this year for the first time (I suck I know) and my friends and I had an amazing time. We went to the Long Island date and a New Jersey date. I discovered a lot of new bands and it's really easy to see who will be taking over the scene in the next few years. My favorite new band currently is Wage War. Completely irrelevant info yadayadayaa. I was thinking like, do these new bands have the advantage of not being creeped out by fanfics now that it's died down? Will there ever be Knuckle Puck fanfics? State Champs fics? Are there Crown the Empire fics? DO THE 13-16 YEAR OLDS TODAY EVEN KNOW WHAT FANFICTION IS? HOW WILL WE REINVENT FANFICTION? WILL I END UP WRITING WAGE WAR FANFICTION WHEN THEY GET BIG AND START HEADLINING?

That was me having a total crisis thinking about 14 year old me writing fanfictions of my favorite bands, and current me that has been so lost and all my stories have been inactive for like a year. Ugh. I want to write but I just... lost motivation for it I guess, I dunno. Did anyone go to Warped Tour this year? How do you feel about the current state of fanfiction?
August 14th, 2016 at 03:27am