Catfishes on Mibba? + Part 2

Hey!!! Good morning/afternoon/night. What's up everyone?

So if you have no idea what this blog entry is about, just quickly read my last blog entry. Everything stated is true. I just want to finally speak out on what happened. It wasn't right and no one should go through this. It's wrong that so many people have experienced it that there's legit a show about it.

Anyway...

Fred and I only became closer and closer. He never wanted to give me his Tumblr, but eventually he did. I didn't understand why he was so secretive about some things, but so open about his personal life. He literally told me everything. Everything.

I had one picture from him. I had seen a few others on Mibba, but then he'd deleted his account and made another one that didn't contain any pictures. So he eventually sent me ONE picture of himself, and that was the only one I had. I remember at one point he posted a webcam picture on Tumblr. Instead of being like, "Is that even him?" I was like, "Wow, he looks a bit different. Maybe it's because the last picture was in black and white". BUT SEE, I DIDN'T KNOW PEOPLE EVEN DID THIS SO IN MY MIND, HEY, MAYBE HE CHANGED A LITTLE. THAT'S FINE. I WENT THROUGH 100 BILLION DIFFERENT FAZES AND EACH TIME I DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE THE SAME PERSON. AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW. BUT I PROMISE YOU I'M LEGIT AND YOU CAN CHECK MY INSTAGRAM TO MAKE SURE -himynameislilyilikecupcakes is my username-

Anyway...

I never really said anything about the picture. And I don't even have tumblr anymore to look back and see what his page was and everything. I would be of no help with that.

Eventually I straight up asked him for a picture. He would usually respond to my messages not even seconds after I would text him, but this time he took a few hours. When he finally responded, he responded with excuses. He said he changed a lot. He said he'd gotten "fat" and grew out a beard because of how depressed he had been. I remember telling him that he's my best friend and I just want to know what he looks like. I don't care how much weight he gained or anything like that. He knew I wasn't judgmental about looks, so I was confused as to why he was making such a big deal out of it.

But he thanked me, as if he just wanted to not talk about it anymore. So I told him that when he was ready to show me what he looks like, to not think I would or could ever judge him. He had a great heart and that's all that mattered.

I remember we spoke about lies one time. I don't even remember how we got to that conversation, it was just one of our trillion talks. But we did, and I told him, "Listen, the only thing that could make me completely walk away from a person is if he/she lies to me. I can't stand liars, I HATE it when people lie to me. I don't care if the truth is too ugly, don't lie to me". Now, I didn't say this because I thought he was lying to me. That was the last thing on my mind. I didn't think he was capable of such a thing. But he agreed but afterwards acted kinda weird.

He had moved from Alaska to Florida, became very depressed because he lost all his friends. I told him to hang in there, to take this as a way to start fresh and do new, great things. He didn't seem very convinced, but he started to like it after a while. He had a nursing job in a hospital at the beginning of our friendship, but at this point he was unemployed and desperate to find a job. I told him to check agencies and hospitals, to check nursing homes. He was bilingual so I knew they'd appreciate that. But he said he no longer wanted a nursing job. He wanted to go into gaming, he wanted to do voices for anime characters.

I told him I'd support him no matter what. So he asked me to do some research for him about it, and whatever it was that I found, I sent to him. I was always helping him out to be honest. Even when he wanted to go into sports. He never really held down a job. He worked at iHop were he met a girl that not only looked like me (According to his description), but also had my same name. I didn't really like her because she made him go through so much pain. She wasn't very nice. But anyway, this girlfriend thing happened way after where the story is at so far...

Anyway, these are very small details that don't even worth being mentioned. I'll talk about the first time I watched Catfish.

I was at a friend's house and we randomly watched it. I'd never heard of it before and was honestly shocked about what I was seeing. I remember it was during season 1 and everything happening seemed so familiar. I couldn't believe it and remember telling my friend, "Oh my God! Oh my God! I hope this isn't happening to me!" I actually started crying during the episode. After I watched it, my friend's house almost caught on fire. We were asleep and we'd left the heater on. It's one of those gas heaters. One of these.

By the way, to give you all a better visual, it was around November. It was freezing outside and there was snow. We were running on 30 minutes of sleep because we had to get up at 3:30 am and went to bed at 3...So at this point, around 9/10pm, we were exhausted. So I fell asleep crying after watching the show and my friend fell asleep right beside me. The power had gone out, I honestly don't remember why. But there was no light, just pitch black and the lights from out cell phones. My friend's mom was away. And then we were woken up by the sound of the fire alarm. We woke up and immediately started coughing. I turned on the light in my phone and just saw fog. I don't think I've ever been that scared.

We ran downstairs and the smoke got worse. And we saw the heater was on fire. The fire was about to reach the ceiling. I don't know where my friend got her bravery from, because she managed to run up to it and turn it down. Something was wrong with the heater, I honestly don't know what. But we were so scared and we couldn't stay in there because we couldn't breathe, so we ended up leaving and I just kept crying because my day got worse and worse. I decided to call Fred. I felt like he would be able to help me. So I texted him saying, "Oh my gosh, -insert friend's name-'s house almost caught on fire. I'm so scared, I can barely breathe". I decided to call because I was shaky. No answer.

That's when I got over emotional. I couldn't believe that he didn't even pick up the phone after hearing what happened. We proceeded to have a fight about how he's so secretive and acts like I've ever judged him. He just gave excuses. But after that fight, we became even closer.
August 14th, 2016 at 10:35pm