My Interview with heretic.

Hello lovelies!

Recently I hosted my All Monsters are Human contest and as a result, got to read some absolutely INCREDIBLE stories. One of the winners was the lovely heretic. Who I got the pleasure to interview. So without further ado, here is the lovely heretic!

1. Tell us a little about yourself
I never know how to answer this question, so forgive my waffling. My name is Rachel and I'm from a small village in South Wales (which is a part of the UK, not England). I currently work as a barista for a local, independent coffee shop, though that's not where I see myself forever. I'm a huge cat lover, my love of everything feline is slowly seeping into all aspects of my life. No fucks given. I love books. I have two kindles and a bookshelf crammed full of books. I drink at least five cups of tea a day, I can't function as a human being without it. I'm a TV fanatic, I watch far too much. I collect superhero figures and cuddly toys, the latest addition being a BB8 tsum tsum. My motto in life is: embrace your weird. (Totally stole that from my queen, Felicia.)

2. How did you first get into writing?
My first foray into writing was as a teenager. My school life was hell so I lost myself in books and writing. College and University took over my life and I didn't pick up a pen until about six years ago. I read some fanfiction online and was inundated with all of these snippets of ideas. The rest, as they say, is history!

3. How did you first discover Mibba?
By finding an Avenged Sevenfold fanfiction online. I had to create an account in order to read it, and I loved it so much that I stayed.

4. Are you a fan fiction, or original fiction fan?
I'm a fan of both in equal measures. I'd love to branch out into original fiction, but I don't quite have the balls to do that yet.

5. What are some of your biggest story inspirations?
Music is a big inspiration for me. A song on the radio, a lyric, a title. Another source of inspiration for me are graphics, gif sets, pictures I see online.

6. How did you come up with the idea for Of Of Ash and Dust?
I read up on the strigoi and straight away, I knew I wanted my guy to be able to transform into a cat. (because cats.) I also wanted to create a tragic romance, something that tied to his past would come back to bite him in the ass. I had a basic idea that I told my good friend, Jess (Brian Haner Jr), and she came back with such a well thought out, fleshed out idea that I instantly fell in love with it.

7. If you could be paid to write about whatever you wanted, what would you write and why?
Definitely crime fiction. I have a huge love for crime fiction, which started when I first read the Nancy Drew books. Since then, I devour anything even remotely related to crime. I also love watching crime dramas. I'm a total armchair detective.

8. Is there anyone on Mibba who is a big inspiration to you?
In terms of the content she writes, I think exploding boy. is a big inspiration. I'd love to write those types of genres but again, don't quite have the balls to yet. Plus, she seems like a really cool person! Jess (Brian Haner Jr) inspires me every day, her mind is such a weird and wonderful place to be. tehe

9. Any stories you’d like to promote or shout outs you’d like to give?
There's only really one story I've been working on for the last few months (read: years) and that's Rage and Ruin. It's an Avenged Sevenfold AU, so you don't necessarily need to like or even know the band to be able to read it. It centers around Matthew Sanders and his motorcycle gang, along with my original character, Alis Blevins. I got the idea for this after binge watching Sons of Anarchy for a week straight. And I'd like to give a shout out to everyone here on Mibba, who take the time to write their own stories and post them online, free of charge I might add. That takes balls, and a lot of determination. So, go Mibba peeps!
August 16th, 2016 at 09:54pm