Could I Be in an Abusive Relationship?

I thought I was doing everything the right way. I mean, I don't air our problems out on Facebook or Instagram like so many of my friends and family members do. I don't get upset when I'm left alone with our daughter the instant he gets home from work because he's either smoking with his cousin or out running around playing Pokemon Go. It might be getting old when I have to literally call him to come inside when dinner is ready like a child but I don't mind.

I was reading an article on the internet that shows signs of abuse within a relationship and I was really surprised to see how much clicks with my own relationship.

Prevents or discourages you from seeing friends or family. check
Controls how you spend your money. check
Controls your use of needed medicines. check
Hurts you (by hitting, beating, pushing, shoving, punching, slapping, kicking, or biting). check (I should explain that he really just grabs me hard, pushes, and sometimes he will hit me hard on the leg, enough to make a red mark but not enough to bruise me or anything)
Blames you for his or her violent outbursts.check

I mean, most of the time, I feel like we have a wonderful relationship. Especially when compared to our parents and their relationships. I don't know if I should express my feelings towards him, or try and talk to him and show him how similar our relationship is becoming to an abusive one. I mean maybe it's just me.

I could be a bit emotional.

We just found out we are pregnant with our second child. It explains a lot of my feelings of hopelessness when it comes to our relationship, our situation, and the lack of family that I now have around me. I just don't know. My thoughts are all jumbled and I'm shaky.

He's going to wake up soon and I don't want him trying to see what I'm writing so I'll just end this here. He's a good man though. He works so I can care for our daughter and go to school. He takes the burden of supporting our family while I am at home studying and playing with our daughter. I just don't know if that is such an excuse to be so mean...
August 17th, 2016 at 07:27pm