Domi Went Shopping! (Photos) + Dorm Decor Ideas? (Photos) + New Story!

Current Song: "Red Light" by The Strokes
Currently Reading: House of Leaves by Daniel Z. Danielewski
Currently Writing: Young and Beautiful

I FINALLY WENT SHOPPING!

I'm not done yet, but that's besides the point.

I had a lot of college shopping to do. I'm reusing many of the items from last year but some stuff you just can't reuse.

My first stop was Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I bought a brand new pillow (and it's fucking huge so I'm excited), a set of hangers, new plates, new bowls, silverware, something to keep my food was exploding in the microwave, and sponges for dishes. I would post a photo of this but that's boring.

Next stop was Old Navy. I bought three tank tops (apparently I'm an odd size. They fit like they should around the chest and stomach but the straps are too big and you can't readjust them), a pair of skinny jeans, and five tops.

Image

Pardon the messy bed.

Next stop of Kohl's. I was only supposed to buy jeans since all of mine are currently falling apart. But I ended up buying 2 pairs of jeggings, three shirts, and underwear.

Image

Image

The last stop was Auntie Anne's for a pretzel. Today my mom came home with laundry pods and dish soap. Now all I need are school supplies and T-shirts. My original intention was to buy T-shirts but once again I got excited about winter clothes. So for now I'm still stuck with ratty old band tees I had for almost five years.

Next topic.

I need dorm decor ideas.

My roommate is bringing her lights and some posters. All I have are my Blackhawks flag and a horse racing flag from Siena, Italy. I was thinking of printing out some photos and putting them on a cork board. I didn't use it last year so I figured this would give it some use. And then I was going to print out my favorite song lyrics from bands and hang those up too. Maybe I should bring my own lights? I don't know. What do y'all think? What are going doing/what did you do? The room this year is so much bigger that'd it'd be empty.

This is what we dealt with last year (not my actual room. I got this from the website. How do I not have any photos of my room from last year wtf)
Image

This is what we have now
Image

My roommate is bringing a TV and it's my job to bring the futon. Any other decor ideas y'all have?

Here's more photos of my dorm!

Image

Image

Image

Image
(I was there when this was taken)

Image

Image

Image

Image

And finally, new story.

It's called The Other Section and you can find it here. If you like simple love stories that take place in libraries, then this is the story for you!

That's about it, y'all. I go back to school August 28th. Part of me is like "eh I don't wanna go back" but then another part is like "HOLY SHIT HELL YEAH I WANNA GO BACK!"

Ciao a tutti!

Current Song: "The Requiem" by Linkin Park
August 18th, 2016 at 11:26pm