TV Recommendations

So after my 400 blogs about Shameless, I've finished it. I'm so bitter so I think now is the right time to ask for recommendations. I'm actually not too into TV shows, I've only recently started watching series throughout, and since that takes some time, I haven't gone through many.

I'll try not to recommend shows that are too obvious, so that this list isn't terribly generic.

So first, I'd recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which I haven't heard a lot of people talk about. I only started watching it because the actress who played Erin in The Office (which I recommend watching as well, but that's obvious) plays the protagonist in this show. But it's a great show on its own. The show has so many great characters and is genuinely funny (also, its theme song is one of my favorites).

The Blacklist is another good show. I started watching this a long while ago, and besides my love for anything James Spader is in (he was also in The Office, seriously, go watch it), it's a very intriguing show. I'm not sure if this one is on Netflix, it was when I started watching it, so if it's not, sorry :(

Drop Dead Diva started out as a guilty pleasure to me, and I guess it never stopped being a guilty pleasure, but I still think it's a good show. If you're a rom-com type of person, you'll probably like this. If you're into lawyer shows, you'll like this too.

Louie is another show I don't hear many people talking about, despite being funny. I wouldn't say it would suit most people's sense of humor, some people might think it's kind of boring because it's just a show about nothing. About Louis CK. I like Louis CK, but I know that some people don't for extensive reasons, but if you do, this is kind of perfect for you. If you're interested, I'd suggest you watch some of his stand up before trying out the show. There's a lot of self-deprecating humor, sexual humor, etc. This is another one that I watched a while ago, and I'm not sure if it's still on Netflix. Sorry in advance if it's not.

Lastly, I would actually recommend watching Shameless. I could complain for hours about this show, but luckily, only the first four seasons are available on Netflix. They knew as well as anyone who has ever watched the show not to bother with the last two seasons. The first four are solid, and the fourth season is the best, in my opinion. There are a lot of harsh subjects on the show, it's sort of offensive, and it has a lot of graphic sex scenes, so if any of that is weird for you, I wouldn't recommend watching this. If it's okay with you, the first four seasons of this are worth watching.

So, I hope anyone who was hoping to discover something new to watch found this blog useful. Most, if not all, are available on Netflix, and I'm sorry if they're not and you feel like you might have to scour for them. If you have any recommendations, help out a girl in need.
August 22nd, 2016 at 06:11am