College Adulting Things

I'm writing this from my phone at a Starbucks in my university so please forgive me if this is riddled with errors. Some of this borders on nsfw, but it's not really detailed.

I moved in on Monday and classes started yesterday. I thought Cal II would kill me, but now I'm thinking Econimics for Engineers is going to slay my ass. And not in a good way.

Yesterday my best friend called me and ended up telling me all about his adventures in college ft. a very active sex life...he sleeps with any gay/bi guy who so much as looks at him. I'm not judging; the conversation was actually kind of funny. He used to flirt with me before I started dating my girlfriend (I'm bi). I kind of miss him, even if he is a loser who goes to dildo protests.

Anyway, I've had four classes, though I'm taking like 16 hours.

I actually think calculus is cool? My AP teacher last year said he taught it like a college class (he used to teach college) and he wasn't lying. New prof has the same teaching style, though it may be serendipity. My Calc II prof is super chill but professional at the same time, and he's someone I'd want to be if I were a professor. Because I'd like to be a professor someday.

But for now, lots of math and science. I can't add and subtract for the life of me, but I can do calculus, I don't like classical physics that much.

Speaking of physics, I've realized that there seem to be a lot of people with learning disabilities and stuff like that in engineering and physics. Like, I know it's not unheard of to be an autistic engineering major and ADHD is very common in STEM. Probably dyslexia, too. And, of course, anxiety can be a reason to register with the disability office, though that's common for all majors. went to hand my physics prof my accommodation sheet and he already had like 10 others. It makes me feel less alone.

Oh. Roommate is cool. Really chill. He beat me at pool, and then we played on a team together and lost horrifically. While we were playing, there was a dude from Dallas with a fake accent pretending to be from London. He got embarrassed when he met my roommate, who actually is British.

I don't have much more to say. I won't be on here that often because I've already got homework. Good luck to other college students!
August 26th, 2016 at 10:57pm