Pros and Cons of Working in a Hotel Business.

Honestly, this could be for any type of business but this rant is based on my stay at a hotel the past two days. New Hampshire was lovely, the weather was great, everything was great. But the hotel me and my best friend checked in wasn't so lovely. So I figured maybe its best I get a list of the pros and cons of working in a Hotel.

Pros:

-Greet your guests with a smile on your face. Be polite and ask how they are and what not.

-Offer what there is to do around here + places to eat.

-Try to engage in a conversation. (I do this at my job and people love it. It's fun to find out where they're coming from and what not)

Cons:

-Greeting your guests with an attitude. (This is a huge one. It makes them not want to return)

-Rudely asking why they are here. (There is a huge difference between generally asking why someone is visiting and being rude about it.)

-Threatening to call the cops if there is alcohol in the rooms. (Why can't you drink at a hotel?)

-Resting bitch face.
So these are some of the things that I have dealt with these past two days. If you can't be nice to your guests, then please don't work for a hotel. I shouldn't have to go check in a hotel and be rudely greeted by your staff. That doesn't fly with me.

I don't think it was worth the amount of money I paid. I'm just disgusted at how I was treated. I left a review on booking.com and it wasn't nice.

But yeah, this is just an overview of what happened and I'm just relieved at finally being home. Has anyone else had a terrible stay at a hotel before?
August 28th, 2016 at 05:02am