Bisexuality Is Not Bicuriousity

I’m a very tolerant person, albeit sometimes short tempered and impatient. But tolerance, that’s my strong suit. Take it as almost my armor for the world, which in my adolescent I used to confuse tolerance as being bitchy and have so matured to find the difference between cold bitchiness and tolerant disconnection. That being said, feeling as though I have matured myself in these past eight years enough to recognize the difference between being tolerant and open minded to my former self, I’m now going to put back on my bitchy face.

Bisexuality is NOT the same as bicuriousity.
(which I'm not really going to go over in this blog, because that is a much bigger topic that I'm more than willing to discuss at a different time)

And was I ever annoyed and aggravated yesterday that when taking a survey for my university orientation, where they could list over ten options for almost every question, that my sexuality and part of my identity as a human being could be so easily clumped together.

Not that I have anything wrong with bicuriousity. You do you, Boo! But don’t think that what you do is the same as what I do. We are very different human beings. And if some day you realize your bicurious attempts are actually the confused pattering of your heart saying PLEASE accept me as a bisexual, EVEN THOUGH I’M SCARED OR CONFUSED OR CURIOUS. By all means, I say it again; you do you, Boo.

But for the time being, it is not the same. And if my university can so claim to be diverse, understanding, and non-judgmental. Then. Why. The. Hell. IS MY LIFE. Clumped. Into. A. Statistical. Category. With. Another. Sexuality.

I may be overreacting. Like I said, I’m tolerant, not practical. But in this moment, irrationality or not, I’m really quite offended by this. It's not fair to my sexuality, and it's not fair to their sexuality either. It's not fair of my university to do that, to clump things together so easily. It would be like clumping being a lesbian and being a cat together. Both are similar because of the obvious "P***Y" jokes, but that does not mean that they are the SAME ACTUAL THING. Because if you think two can even be considered the same, based on the tiniest of similarities then that is truly ludicrous.

Maybe I’m an over sensitive, human rights activists, taking this far too personally. Or maybe it’s over generalizations of sexuality that breed intolerance and hate. What am I? A girl who has been targeted and bullied several times over for my sexuality? Yeah, it’s not like I would now anything. But I know I'm mad, and I know it's not okay.
September 1st, 2016 at 12:57am