Let's Get Political!

I try to stay away from blogs like this nowadays, but I feel like some stuff just needs to be said, mostly about Trump.

First things first: I support neither Hillary nor Trump; if it were up to me, we would re-roll and have, like, Cruz V. Bernie or something. Sadly that is not the reality.

I've seen a bunch of people saying on social media that Trump isn't racist; I've seen that "Just because the KKK leader supports Trump doesn't mean he's racist," and apparently that, "No one called Trump racist until he challenged Hillary Clinton for the presidency."

To an extent, the first statement is right. Just because a racist person supports someone and agrees with them doesn't mean that the latter is racist, but that is not why Trump is racist. Trump is racist because before he ran for president he was sued by NYC for not renting apartments in Brooklyn to black people [1]. Trump is racist because he employed hundreds of illegal immigrants and was sued because he wasn't paying them [2].

But the argument could be made that those actions weren't performed directly, so it doesn't inherently make Trump racist. But you know what does? His generalizing of Middle Eastern people as terrorists, and Hispanic people as rapists, drug addicts, and murderers.

That's not all, though--Trump isn't just racist. He's made numerous misogynistic comments toward and about women, a masterpost of which can be found here. And while Trump isn't homo- or transphobic, he does tend to be a bystander on those issues (saying "it's gonna cause a lot of issues for North Carolina" when it came to the bathroom debate, instead of whether he agrees or disagrees with their side on the issue).

And, finally, Trump is just seemingly incredibly ignorant about world politics. He has talked numerous times about WMDs not being "out of the question," even though the UN has banned multiple Weapons of Mass Destruction and biological/chemical weapons from use in war; this is why you don't see countries using nuclear weapons today, or mustard gas. In fact, Syria was using chemical weapons such as mustard gas on the Syrian rebels back in 2013, and that's why the US had to decide whether or not to intervene--because mustard gas is banned by the UN. Trump has said on multiple occasions that he wouldn't say "No," just yet to using nuclear weapons on ISIS or any other US enemies. Doing this, I feel, would, without a doubt, lead to the end of the fucking world.

This has been pretty incoherent and scatterbrained, so I'll just stop now. The end.
September 2nd, 2016 at 03:56am