Give the Sun to You: Put It in Your Sub List

Winning entry Give the Sun to You starts off with small town sweetheart Sal Grillo meeting charming Demetria Whitaker at his father’s shop. Despite all the talk around town, Sal’s this shy fella (hehe) who charms Dem the moment they lock eyes. With small talk and charming characters, this story is for you!

___

Let’s get to know our author first!
Hello everyone! My name is Erika and my username is wayman. I chose that name because of Theresa Wayman, singer/guitarist for the band Warpaint, they're amazing you should check them out. An old friend of mine recommended the site to me years ago and I still haven't left.

What made you want to become a writer?
It was sites like Mibba and Fanfiction.net. I would read some really incredible stories and they inspired me to try my own hand at it.

What inspired you (besides the contest) to write your winning entry Give the Sun to You?
Demetria is a character I created years ago for an old roleplaying group. I've always held her very near and dear to my heart, and I still roleplay her with a good friend of mine, but I wanted to play more with her past.

Is it in your sub list yet? If not, here are more reasons to add it~

If you can use one word to describe this story, what would it be?
Darling.

What's your favorite thing about Give the Sun to You?
Researching southern phrases. Image Seriously. Nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin’ chairs is probably my new favorite phrase.

What's the best thing when writing about the main characters Sal and Demetria?
Writing their romance makes me genuinely happy. I smile a lot more when I'm working on them.

Do you have anything in common with Sal and/or Demetria?
Demetria and I are both sassy, that's for sure. I'm clumsy but not accident prone like Sal.

What character in your story are you least likely to get along with?
Demetria's mother Lou Ann.

Why wouldn't the author get along with Demetria’s mother? Subscribe to find out~

What would the main character(s) in your story have to say about you?
Nice things, I hope! And maybe they can throw in a thank you for introducing them. Just saying. Image

Would you visit Give the Sun to You's town?
Hell yes. I love southern comfort food. I'll take all the cornbread.

Is there a specific scene in chapter one that stood out to you?
The scene with Demetria and her dad in the truck. They're arguing over her wearing lipstick because she's "too young for it" but she stands her ground. It's a little rebellious, a little playful, and I think it shows off their relationship nicely.

Finally, when will the next update be? Image
It's up now, go check it out!!!

___
Yes, check it out. I 100% approve Image
September 3rd, 2016 at 07:42am