Playlist of My Life: Yeah It's Cool, I'll Be Okay

For the September's Prompt-a-Thon's blog section.
Prompt: September 3: Playlist of your life.

I did this exact thing with my old therapist Jennifer before I grew out of the program and the purpose of that playlist was to bring in a song with a copy of the lyrics that best described or showed how I felt that week in terms of emotions, how my interactions with others were and my home life that week. I never got to finish that playlist with Jennifer seeing I was only with her for a year and we started three months before I had to switch therapists but also this playlist is very different than the one I had made with her seeing that I am not going by my week to week emotions but how I see my life.

This playlist is basically from what I can remember (the past five years, yes I can only really remember the past five years) to now and the unknowing of the future.

Image
choke on one another - death spells
Joyriding - frnkiero andthe cellabration
It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Death Wish - My Chemical Romance
The Taste of Ink - The Used
Make Yourself - Incubus
A Box Full of Sharp Objects - The Used
27 - Fal Out Boy
All The Small Things - blink-182
Buried Myself Alive - The Used
Dead Man Walking - BITCHER BABIES
Psychosocial - Slipknot
Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold (AX7)
Slept So Long - Jay Gordon
Trying To Escape The Inevitable - Pencey Prep
The Sharpest Lives - My Chemical Romance
Nowhere Fast - Incubus
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
In Bloom - Nirvana
Basket Case - Green Day
Just A Girl- No Doubt
Say It Ain't So - Weezer


So I originally wanted to start with Joyriding because the title of the playlist itself and also the awareness of your own suffering or depression/anxiety but being okay with it because that it really the essence of Joyriding to me and the whole playlist in the way these are all kind of songs you listen to when you're angsty and upset at the world or yourself but I choose choke on one another because it gives off the same feeling only in a harsher, sexier way that also admits that a part of me likes the self destruction.

There is a reason I neglected happy or love songs and that is because there is seldom happy moments in my life and the happy moments I have did not make me who I am or shape me in any way, the depression and anxiety, overwhelming sadness I have did and that's what my main focus is on. I'm suffering and I'm okay with it. I'm trying my hardest to get better, but for now this is how it is.

I ended with Say It AIn't So because of the way the song moves. It completely makes up for the harshness of the whole playlist with the soft beginning and end but comes back to the angst in the bridge of the song especially with the lyrics Dear Daddy
I write you in spite of years of silence
You've cleaned up, found Jesus, things are good or so I hear
This bottle of Steven's awakens ancient feelings
because I have 'daddy issues' and probably will never forgive my father or what he has done to me and that's one of the biggest issues I'm dealing with in my life right now.

You can listen on Spotify.
September 5th, 2016 at 11:01pm