Oops, I Did It Again (Makeup Haul)

Yes guys, I did it again. I bought some more makeup. We’re not going to talk about the prices or the fact that I spent $200 over a 2 day period ok. We are just going to revel in the fact that I bought some makeup. Though a couple of things I got were from the States that I picked out and mum bought for me as a gift which bless because she never buys me shit. SO SHOUTOUT TO YOU MUM.
So I guess we shall start with the shit that I got from the States:

LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT SETTING POWDER (didn't take a pic but you can see it here
This shit is so nice, guys. I use it primarily to set my under eye circles and it does a fantastic job doing so. Sometimes I spray my beauty blender with setting spray and then set my powder if I’m working all day, which really helped in eliminating massive creasing. Plus I feel like with the amount of powder you get, it’s worth the price. I think the price was around $60 (AUD)?

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID LIPSTICK – soft lilac
Image
Image

This is one of my ‘everyday’ colours, even though it turns up as a mauvey lilac on me, I don’t feel like I’m playing it completely safe when I chuck this on. ABH doesn’t stock its liquid lips in Australia and this was the only colour I felt either really appealed to me or I didn’t have already in my lipstick collection, so I figured I’d give it a try and thank god this looked good on me.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS GLOW KIT – that glow
Image
Image
Sunburst, Bubbly, Dripping in Gold, Golden Bronze (from top to bottom)

Guys. GUYS. OH MY GOD. These highlighters are incredible. They’re pigmented and buttery and are so beautiful to put on. What I like about these highlighters is that they can work double as eyeshadows or even if I want a sparkly bronzer effect. I wasn’t sure if all of the colours would be wearable but they totally are. I use Bubbly primarily as a highlighter but sometimes I like to mix and them up and see what other effect I can create. Usually works out in my favour because IT’S SO PRETTY. And guys. GUYS. You best believe under the dark lights I shine like a fucking unicorn because fuck me up.

Okay so the next batch of shit is stuff I got in the last 2 days as well as one special purchase that uh, I didn’t exactly need but it was so fucking gorgeous that I couldn’t refuse and felt compelled to get my hands on. So. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK I BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

BARE MINERALS LASH DOMINATION MASCARA
Image
Image

In Australia, our primary makeup store has a reward system where if you spend over a certain amount of money, you get free makeup lessons or applications so naturally I got my makeup done for when I went to see Troye Sivan in concert (you can only get it within a certain time period and I didn’t have any big events so I figured I’d get my makeup done) and the girl I had applied this mascara and wow. I love how unclumpy it is and how natural the finish is. I have the Better Than Sex mascara which is alright for when I go out but it’s so clumpy that I’m like EH. And I have a drugstore Maybelline something which is good for days where I don’t want to wear too much but this mascara is the perfect medium for having natural but full looking lashes. I am going to use the fuck out of this.

URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY
Image

Holy grail product that I ran out of so I’m just doing a restock. Does a great job at keeping my face the same.

URBAN DECAY REVOLUTION HIGH-COLOR LIPGLOSS – liar
Image
Image
Image (flash)

I’m getting kinda sick of mattes / wanna try a gloss so here it is. I was originally looking for something to replace my favourite nude from EL because I’ve nearly finished that and I needed a replacement. I don’t like that the gloss is sticky but I do like that it’ll be easy af to apply when I’m in a hurry and want something cute and shiny on my lips. Plus the colour is almost identical so that’s good.

URBAN DECAY BROW TAMER / FLEXIBLE HOLD TINTED BROW GEL – dark
Image

I’ve yet to get anything for my brows since I thread and leave them at that, but the lady who did my eyebrows fucked them right up so I’m going to attempt to grow them out and just use something to fill them in.

ILIA SHEER VIVID TINTED MOISTURISER – lovina T5
Image

I wanted something that had light coverage and I could wear for everyday without looking hella cakey, so this is perfect. The description says it’s sheer but I see it as more of a semi-matte which I quite like. Though it was a similar price to foundation, you don’t need much to apply to the whole face so I think it’ll be worth the price.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MOONCHILD GLOW KIT
Image (soz for lack of rotation I tried)
Image
Blue Ice, Pink Heart, Star, Lucky Clover, Purple Horseshoe, Blue Moon (top to bottom)

As you can tell, I left the best fucking thing til last. I haven’t had a chance to wear this yet but I can’t wait to look like a sparkly fucking maestro in this. ISN’T IT SO PRETTY. AND PIGMENTED. Does it completely suit my skin tone uh not exactly but AM I GOING TO WEAR IT TO DEATH FUCK YEAH. I think this would look really great on African-American skin tones because those colours would fucking pop like no other. Also excuse my hairy arm, I didn’t think the photo looked bad until it was uploaded LOL.

SO THERE’S MY HAUL HOPE YOU ENJOYED tune back in a few months or so when I make another haul blog LOL
September 7th, 2016 at 07:53am