Weekend/Pride

All right...week four of college.

I have such boring Saturdays. I go eat some pizza and do homework. Usually, Sundays are the same, but this past Sunday I went to my first Pride parade.

We didn't stay for the festival because it was 95 degrees and we were dying. I was, in particular, because I decided that it'd be a great idea to wear long jeans.

I me some people there from my university and they invited me to my school's GSA. I'd previously hesitated because I didn't know if I was welcome (I have...low self-esteem and tend to assume that I'm not wanted anywhere), but since they invited me, I guess I'll go to the next meeting.

I walked in the parade and threw necklaces, which was fun at first but it was so hot. I'm glad I don't tend to get sunburn, but I now have a nice tan-line around my wrist where my watch was.

The crowd was kind of bad, too, when we got out of the parade and went to find my partner's car, which was a good five or six blocks away (with almost no shade...). I had to fight my way through the crowd, since the others with me had really bad anxiety about the whole thing. That wasn't bad, until we reached a little strip of sidewalk outside the biggest gay bar in the gayborhood that was particularly packed because 1. the sidewalk was super narrow and 2. I guess a lot of people thought, Why not go clubbing after Pride?

So I'm standing there letting other people move around me and looking for an opening in the crowd (there was none) and I suddenly feel hands on my chest that moved down my ribcage. I managed to shift away before it got any more awkward, and he just moved on to the guy next to me, but

Image

I look really young, for one. For all this guy knew, I could've been a minor. That shit can get you into trouble. Also, I was holding hands with my partner (who, again, has crowd anxiety).

Dude. If you think someone's cute, just tell them. Don't just go up and start touching them. That's not cool to do to women, and it's also not cool to do to guys. I get that shit can happen when you're in the club (doesn't mean it's always okay) but I wasn't. And I'm probably whinging a little too much, but I'm really weird about touch.

Anyway, after that I tried pho for the first time (it's good, and you can get a lot of noodles for a very good price) and froyo (also good, but expensive). And yesterday I had class from 10 AM to 7 PM, which was hell.

So, Mibba, how have you been? Anyone else go to their city's Pride or a similar event?
September 20th, 2016 at 07:54pm