Social Challenges

Making friends feels like such a challenge sometimes. Not just on the internet, but at home too.

I thought my former roommate and I were hitting it off but then she got a girlfriend and totally changed so we hardly talk or do anything together now, which is not ENTIRELY my fault because she's literally always gone from the house.

My former best friend/friend-with-benefits now boyfriend went off to Oklahoma for the national guard and we could only talk via mail, so I was left to my own devices, which was little to nothing.

I just moved up to Vermont over a year ago, and I went to a tiny school. You know, the kind where everyone grew up with each other and they've become a close knit family that doesn't accept outsiders. Yeah, that kind.

There was one girl that felt she didn't entirely fit in and we became pretty close--she even considered me as a best friend. Unfortunately, she moved to Maine and now we hardly speak.

I didn't like everyone at work and they all went to another school, so that didn't really work.

One girl had taken quite the liking to me and we were friends for almost half a year, but she turned out to be an unhealthy and very immature friend so I told her I couldn't continue with her. I'm glad it happened though, because I wouldn't be in relationship right now.

So yeah, here I am, wishing I had local friends that I really want to hang out with. I don't care what gender, I just need a really good reliable friend that won't hit on me. That would be nice!

I want a best friend. Like the ones in the movies where you guys go over to each others houses and you're totally honest with one another and you get along fabulously.

Who could I reference? It's been a while--I got it! Like Pacey and Dawson from Dawson's Creek, just way less drama.

So many friendship wants and hopes and dreams. In the end, it's all just a matter of putting myself out there and making efforts. And then the laziness in me rears it's smelly ass.

It'll happen though, I'm sure of it.
September 21st, 2016 at 07:14am