This Glasses-less Existence

Image


Whenever I need glasses outside of what my insurance pays for yearly (or every two years, depending), I usually got to Coastal and order a pair. I've been doing this for a few years now and since I don't have 'special eyes' it's pretty affordable and generally goes smoothly.

Except this time it hasn't.

I ordered a pair on September 1st, according to the website, it shipped on September 4th, and here I am on September 21st with no glasses.

I was tracking the delivery with FedEx and there were about two days worth of updates and then nothing since September 7th. Since Coastal lists my estimated delivery date for September 19th, I figured I'd wait until then before contacting them. September 19th was two days ago.

Today I call up Coastal and there's like, "We have no idea what the hold up is, but it definitely should have been there by now." Then the customer service agent digs up what FedEx has given them on their end and tells me it's either held up in customs or lost.

So now I have to wait for her to get in contact with FedEx and figure out what's going on. And if it's a case of the glasses being lost, I have to wait for them to ship out a replacement pair and who the fuck knows how long that'll take to get delivered.

:(
September 21st, 2016 at 07:10pm