OTP Songs: Hip-Hop and R&B Edition

Alright, here’s something about me in case people forgot: I love music and I love my ships.

I also love associating the music I listen to with my ships to the point where I have made playlists for each of my pairings on Spotify. I’ve mentioned this a few times before and have shared some songs, but for this blog I’m going to share songs that aren’t pop-punk because believe it or not, I actually have a diverse music taste.

And lately I’ve been listening to R&B and Hip-Hop artists because I’ve been feeling the music they’ve given me (thank you for coming back Frank Ocean) and I’m kind of annoyed with bands/bandom right now so yeah. Here’s some of my most played OTP songs that have also given me ideas for future fics


Jack and Tay: Pussy Is Mine - Miguel

OKAY LISTEN. Tell me this isn’t a song Jack would play for Tay. I dare you. I just imagine them chilling in the living room one day and Jack is all, “hey, this song makes me think of you, i want you to listen to it” and he puts it on and at first Tay is thinking “aww” but then when she actually listens she’s like “you fucking would”. Then the next day Tay would play him the female version (which is way more sweeter) and sing it and Jack would respond by taking her up to their room. Image



Vic and Jenna: Superlove - Tinashe

This song’s currently stuck in my head and as I was listening to it, I just see it as a song from Jenna’s perspective. Tinashe described the song as “when you meet someone for the first time and you all for them and it brings out that super love feeling which involves joy, butterflies and all that good stuff” which is exactly what Jenna would feel when she first gets with Vic and honestly she still has that feeling after years of being with him.



Halsey and Zack: Don’t - Bryson Tiller

I love Bryson Tiller who was fucking robbed of that best new artist award at the vmas tf and this is the perfect song for Zack because he would definitely want to give her what she deserves especially considering some of her past relationships and you know how he is. He’s selfless and would never ever want anybody to play with her feelings because he loves her too much and look even though he doesn’t sing outside of background vocals, let alone sing these kinds of songs, you bet your goddamn ass he gonna be singing this to her.



Meg and Alex: Tore Up - Kehlani

You know, out of all my ships, who would’ve thought that these two would get the most angst. Like I mean, come on I got ships that involve Vic and Oli yet it’s Alex and Meg that have been getting the most angst in my writing so far. And here I come with the only sad R&B song on this blog for them, but it’s Kehlani aka my babe and this song is beautiful even if it leaves me in my feels. Since we always get Alex’s feelings (Remembering Sunday) about Meg leaving him, I see this as Meg’s feelings. I plan to write something about the period they were apart before I gave them happiness because even I write angst sometimes.



Hayley and Oli: Living Room Flow - Jhene Aiko

My favorite slow jam right now that makes a song about sex in the living room sound like the most beautiful and romantic thing ever. This song immediately painted a picture in my mind. So I’ve had a big Hayliver fic idea that I’ve been wanting to write since forever and I’ve talked about it countless times. It’s basically gonna be a multi-chaptered fic about their struggles in 2010 and this song helped me figure out the ending where they realize they just need each other’s comfort after all they’ve been through. No other song has fit like this one has because it has this feeling of two people connecting without needing all the talk and bullshit, which is exactly what I wanted for these two for this scene I envisioned.

....I’m way too into this, aren’t I.

But those are some OTP songs I wanted to share even though most of them are popular so I’m sure some of you have heard of them. Still, it was fun for me to go into detail and explain why I chose these songs for each ship. These aren’t even half of the songs I’ve picked out, which is why I’m probably gonna make more blogs about my playlists. Like I said, trying to blog on here again. I’m also gonna try to make another Sims blog later this week, but for now I hope everyone’s doing good!

Deuces.
September 22nd, 2016 at 03:50am