I Got a Job (Yay!) and Then the Stomach Flu (Boo!)

I know I've been a bit inactive on Mibba lately, but I actually have good excuses this time. I finally got a job, although I kind of cheats because it's a construction job at my dad's self-owned company. Still, it's helping pay for the wedding which is rapidly approaching. Only 15 more days, and I am insanely nervous. So much can go wrong! But I'm hoping everything will be perfect and magical.

Unfortunately, I haven't made as much money as I'd hoped because last Tuesday I came down with a stomach virus. It was awful. I was nauseated for hours, then started throwing up every thirty minutes or so. After eight times, I agreed to go to the emergency room. They gave me IV fluids and nausea medication and I was just so tired from being sick. They diagnosed me with gastroenteritis and a few strained muscles from being sick. I was still having stomach cramps when I went home, but at least I was hydrated and able to feel the effects of the nausea medication. The only side-effect: a raging headache that lasted for days!

I just went back to work the day before yesterday and. Could definitely tell the sickness had sapped at my muscle strength. I hope I never have to go through that again! It was the worst sickness I think I've ever been through! But I'm better now and am ready to get back on Mibba. :)

I'm super excited to have been featured in an article while I was MIA. You can check it. Out here! A great big thank you to everyone involved in its writing and editing process!
September 23rd, 2016 at 05:52pm