Furious

Mibba I'm furious.

Hopefully this doesn't qualify as bashing. But tbh, I have no one to talk to about this.

Lemme start by saying, I love my work mates. I truly love them.
But I have a problem with the way they treat some of us.

Me, N and M.
We are the hardest workers in the team.
We throw our all into our shifts, no matter what is going on in our lives/bodies and give it 100% for the shifts. It's taxing, it's hard and it's ruthless. But not as ruthless as the anger we have brewing inside of us right now about how we're treated.

I messed up my leg on Thursday. I am on crutches now, but as of Friday night, I was working. I had no choice, there is no 'cover' person for the Floor Manager ya'know? And I accept that. I'm okay with going in and being there. The boss asked the team to help me. You know what they did? nothing.
You know who did help me? My best friend N, who had just finished working a 14hr shift at another job, who wasnt supposed to be working Friday night at all, and they just called him in after he got into bed.

He came, under the impression that he was needed to help me. That's the only reason he came. But then they told him to work the bar - Which he didn't come in for. He came to help me run the shift and do my job (which is more than just 'watching', people I assure you.)

Then there was M, Who broke her finger last week at work, and had an accident earlier in the week that injured her back. She could barely bend, but they had her working on the bar - Because they couldn't find cover for her.

Now, I know that this is not all the team's fault - It's mainly management issues. But when the Boss specifically ask's the team to help me and M, I think they bloody well should. Not ignore us and leave it up to a CALLED IN PERSON, to help us.

It's so rude. And it happened again on Saturday night, accept N couldn't come in to help us.

M will be leaving the country soon, and N can't keep working shifts all the time. So it'll be down to me. It terrifies me that I'm going to be left with a team that doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone else. People get to go home because their 'sick' -Ie: Feel a tiny bit faint because they havent eaten. That bothers me. Why? Because I actually got knocked out on shift, and blacked out later on that night from it, yet still had to work.

WHY DO YOU GET TIME OFF?
YOU GUYS DON'T WORK AS HARD AS MY GROUP.
YOU DON'T BLEED, YOU DON'T GET PUNCHED, YOU DON'T FALL OVER.
YOU POUR DRINKS AND OPEN BOTTLES.

I love them so much, but when they come to me and say "my feet hurt", I get angry.
Don't come complaining, to the floor manager and her boys, who are running around, tripping over and getting hit on the dance floor, dealing with drunks who are aggressive and broken glass in their shoes and fingers, that your feet hurt.

I have no sympathy. None, whatsoever.
I am done looking after them, listening to their problems and helping them, when they just use us. We are nothing to them and that hurts.What, we aren't as good as you because we don't pour the drinks? If it werent for us, you couldnt even pour the drinks.

My advice to anyone reading: Please, don't take those below you for granted. We work hard too.

I can't wait for the staff meeting on Tuesday.
I'm gonna drop some truthbombs.
September 26th, 2016 at 07:17am