Mibba Halloween 2016 "Candy" Bowl!

Hello all! It is now the most wonderful time of the year! Mibbaween (or Mibba Halloween, as I, an ancient old timer, like to call it.) This year I thought it would be fun to do an urban legend themed candy bowl!

The rules are the same as always. You have to say "Trick or treat!", or you will get nothing. One item per person, except for friend requests which are unlimited and can totally be grabbed even if you already asked for something else. As usual, I would encourage you to please provide links to your works if you want a specific one read/commented, if you can; it just makes my job that much easier and that means I will probably get you your treat quicker!

Anyway without further ado, here is the bowl of "goodies":

Apple with a razor blade in it: Ah, the classic razor blade in the apple! Most people know this one is total bunk, but here's one for you if you want it. Anyway, one of these guys will get you a comment on a story of your choosing. I prefer to read drabbles or one-shots, but I am willing to do multi-chapters, just like don't expect me to read more than 1 or 2 chapters (no offense! I'm just busy, and it's easier that way!) I'm giving away 4 of these. SOLD OUT!

Pins and needles candy bar: This is a legend that has some basis in truth apparently, but only in an isolated case of one guy doing it and then getting in huge trouble for it. Most candy bars are as free of pins and needles as you would expect them to be! Anyway this item will get you a poem comment! I'm giving away 4 of these. 4/4 available.

Poisoned treat: Most Halloween goodies aren't poisoned, and yet legends of poisoned treats are told and retold and rumors spread every year, just as they always have for decades! Anyway, this poisoned treat will get you the most potent poison of all: my friendship! Friend requests are unlimited!

A clown hanging out on your lawn: This is a new one! So, yeah, there are confirmed cases of people dressing up as clowns, but at least according to my research as of now there are no confirmed cases of clowns actually doing anything bad, like luring kids away. That seems to just be a hoax. Anyway, if you invite a clown to your lawn, I will make you a signature! I'm giving away 4 of these! 3/4 available.

This "candy" makes me feel funny...: Oh, urban legends about people giving people drugs instead of candy, you're so crazy! Most of the drugs in question are way too expensive to be just giving out to kids, c'mon! Anyway, this is my wild card item this year! if you ask for one of these funny candies, I will do...whatever I want! This could mean a friend request, a comment on all of your photos, or a comment on all of your stories! Or anything else awesome I can think of! I'm giving out 5 of these! 2/5 available.

Anyway, thanks to multiple folklore classes and also to good ol' Snopes.com for the info used to make this crazy 'Bowl that I can only hope won't get me in trouble. ::XD: Happy Mibba Halloween! Happy actual Halloween! Have fun, kids, and watch out for all the spooky, scary stuff out there!
October 1st, 2016 at 09:20pm