New Stories, Sort Of... | My Shrimp Shed His Skin!

Really, I just wanted to create some layouts. I haven't done that in ages. I remember before this layout maker came to be, with the old one, I used to create new layouts and add new banners to stories all the time. This layout maker drives me a little crazy...

I mean, I like the options, but sometimes I worry that the layout looks different on different screen sizes, etc. or is totally stuffed up for those that have the "comments" tab open down the side (I don't, as I can't help but read the spoilers in the comments lol) and I've no idea how to tell if that's true or not.

But oh well. I try my best.
So I sort of wish I could start a new story. I wish I could write like I used to write back when I was in school, like 16 or so, and even though it sucked, I would just write and write and write and not get bored with it as quickly. I had a folder under my bed for where I'd keep my stories as I used to write them in led pencil on loose leaf paper. No idea why. I guess it was before I got a laptop.

I think my problem now is that I tend to think about the story too much and after having planned out everything in my head, it's not as interesting to write anymore. I'm not writing because I need to release something. It usually starts off that way but part way in, I know what'll happen. I start to only actually write it out for those reading along. When most of them are silent it feels a bit like... eh, why should I bother?

I just wanna be excited about writing again. I sort of have the time for it right now. Sort of. Besides a few shifts a week and job hunting that's proving to be just awful, I'm not doing much else. I want my parrot's new training toy to arrive already so I can try once again to teach him colours...

I want to start another Gerard Way story. God, I know. I know I know. I really do one day want to actually finish Crush, Crush, for those that read it, because I think I'll enjoy writing it all out once I can get into the right frame of mind for it. But I want to start something totally different. Well really, I wanna just start another cheesy shitty romance, but I know I'll get bored of that. I wanted to start something based on a cold murder case or something. Something spooky. Something sinister. But I'm not sure how I'll work that yet. My options would be:

1. Gerard is not the killer but has an idea of who is, and makes it his mission to find out what happened to his gf/Mikey/someone he knew.

2. Gerard is the killer but the narrator doesn't know this, and it appears he's trying to help.

3. Gerard is the killer and the narrator does know and has to watch someone else fall into his trap.

I have a layout for a Gerard Way story here already done but this is for my angsty cliche romance story that I probably shouldn't write lol. I wanted a Gerard that sang in garage bands and smoked too much and hated his job and blah blah. Insert cliches here.

And I wanted to start a Ville Valo story because I'm somewhat obsessed with him at the moment. I just created a layout for that here. I sort of want to write something really off for that one. Where the band guy isn't so amazing, but in a way not everyone can look at and forgive? I wanted him to be cheating on his fiance or something, even though she's amazing and patient and supportive of him. Just because that happens in life, and I've never really written about it properly before.

But then I'd also like to do something involving paranormal themes. I'm not sure how. Maybe he almost dies and sees the other side? Maybe he saves someone's life and they were really supposed to die. I'm not sure. I've not found the right kind of inspiration yet.
On a totally unrelated note, my shrimp shed his skin the other day! I knew they did this, but wasn't expecting it. At first, I thought one had died because it shed all it's legs and everything. Look:

Image


How fucked is that? But as of an hour ago, I've seen all 4 of my shrimp alive haha so they're all good.

One of my fish has a white lumpy thing on his mouth, and I'm treating my tank with meds for sort of everything, because I've no idea what it is. He's still eating and swimming and schooling so I don't know if he's just hurt himself or what. I'll just keep doing more water changes and stick with the meds unless he gets worse. Tomorrow when I change the water I might try and catch him in a cup so I can get a better look at him.

I'm so terribly unfamiliar with fish. When my parrot gets sick, I know exactly what to do. Check poop, keep warm, recall anything eaten in the last 24 hours, take to vet. Keep an eye on. Don't stress, because they can sense it. Like, I just know birds. I get them. But fish? Totally different ballgame.

So we'll see how he goes.
October 3rd, 2016 at 07:45pm