Unemployment

I left my horrible job at the beginning of last month. For those of you that don't know, my job was a mixture of Mean Girls and an episode of Survivor. I was one of the last employees standing. And after a horrendous morning of my Mean Girls bosses acting as if I was their personalized secretary and telling me I was going to be the single employee to deal with 600+ customers, I just walked out.

I thought that walking out on my job was my moment of revelation. I was finally free and I could start over and do what I wanted. While at that job I was flunking out of college and had no personal time to write or do anything I enjoyed.

A month later and I've landed another job, while (finally) bringing in some extra cash on the side. Because you know, I had to go with a lower paying job but hopefully less stressful than the last one. But was leaving my job the revelation of freedom that I thought it would be?

Absolutely the hell not!

I spent most of my days lying around the house trying to figure out where am I going to get the money to pay for everything. I've been getting assignments in on time, and luckily I'm back to being a B student (I really am trying for A's, but it seems like no matter how much I study I still will not be able to go above and beyond for subjects that I hate).

The only thing I really learned is that I love working and being unemployed makes me feel like a failure and triggers my anxiety more. I like having a set schedule. Good news is I picked up crocheting in this last week of unemployment and looked at online colleges to try after I get my AA degree this Spring. I really want to go to an actual college, but realistically I have a house now. And bonus is that I would still be able to travel while having online classes.
October 6th, 2016 at 08:17pm