It's Been Awhile {A Life Blog}

Wow. Hello there Mibba! It's been over a year since I posted here, and when I discovered that, it left me with this nostalgic emptiness, so I decided to post and let anyone who cares what's been happening in my life.

For starters, I graduated high school! Here's a picture of three of my best friends and I on Graduation day-

Image

I'm beyond grateful that those four years of hell are over, and that I can now move on to bigger and better things(things that haven't happened yet, but things that are a very real possibility to happen now). For those who have followed me at all over the last few years, you know from my blogs that things have been.... trying in my life since I moved to Florida the summer before my freshman year. But now, master has given Dobby a diploma. Dobby is a free elf!

In the time since I've graduated, I've decided to move back to my hometown, then decided not to move back to my hometown, then decided to again, then not, etc. The current verdict is not but give that about a week and we'll revisit this conversation. I also decided to take a semester(maybe more? Stay tuned for that one too.) off school. Meaning at present moment I'm not enrolled in college and am intending to enroll in the Spring semester at my local state college.

The biggest thing I guess I've done since graduation is that I purchased my first DSLR camera. For those of you who don't know what a DSLR is, it's basically fancy photography speak for "big kid camera", or a Digitial Single-Lens Reflex camera(which is pretty much just an old film style camera powered by electricity now).

I think photography is what I want to pursue as a career, and am so excited to have my first real opportunity to allow my passion to blossom.

In case you're interested, here are some sample shots from a shoot I did this afternoon with my best friend.

Image

Image

Image

We shot at a local Garden, and the shots are truly stunning.

If you're interested in seeing more or following my future photography endeavors, you can find my pictures at the following places:

•Fire and Flood Photography Facebook Page
•Fire and Flood Photography Instagram

Okay thanks for bearing with this kind of train of thought like blog. Hope to be back soon!
October 14th, 2016 at 06:29am