Meet Randi Caine (Character Questions)

So I usually don't post these things but I figure I would do it for my NaNo story, The One You Feed. Randi Caine is the main female character for the story and these are just somethings that may or may not be mentioned in the story. Mostly likely they'll be mentioned but some will be just skimmed over. I'm probably going to do an aesthetic and a playlist for her as well, so be on the look out for those too. That's if you are any bit interested in the story. So without further to do... the questions

Name Randi Thea Caine
Age: 24 turning 25
Height: 5’4
Eye color: hazel
Physical appearance: She’s pretty short. Her hair color is always changing. She’s constantly changing her style; she’s never happy with being normal.
Strange or unique physical attributes: has a crescent moon shaped birthmark on the inner part of her left wrist
Favorite clothing style/outfit: at the moment she’s living for jeans, combat boots with a nice deep v neck black t-shirt with any color plaid shirt over it that is covered in band patches.
Where does he or she live? What is it like there? She lives in a shoebox apartment in the heart of Brooklyn, NY. Her apartment is tiny and is styled very industrial. There is a ton of exposed brick as well as exposed piping.
Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Her nostrils flare when she’s angry. And whenever she’s nervous she’ll constantly play with her hair.
Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She would like to remove the pretty prominent scar she has on her left shoulder. She doesn’t know how she got it; her father won’t tell her much about it either.
Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): She’s a fast talker when she’s nervous. And she’s extremely talkative when she’s drunk.
Pet peeves: People not finishing their sentences. People constantly talking about “the imaginary man in the sky”. People that feel the need to constantly bully people.
Fondest memory: Her and her best friend drove upstate and camped outside and just stargazed all night.
Hobbies/interests: Randi loves to read books with a supernatural theme to it. She loves just getting in her car and driving; she doesn’t have to have a destination in mind. She doesn’t mind being by herself but she also loves going out clubbing and doing bar crawls with her friends.
Special skills/abilities: She took piano lessons from the time she was 4 til she was 16. From 16 and on she taught herself the guitar. She also loves writing books and songs.
Insecurities: There are only two things she’s insecure about. The scar on her back and her height
Quirks/eccentricities: Is never seen without a lighter in her purse even though she doesn’t smoke. Constantly doodles wherever she is. Has the ability to know when someone is telling a lie or not.
Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Randi is pretty easy going but she notices she becomes easily annoyed and angered around full moons.
Negative traits: Randi can be pretty careless with things. She’s constantly forgetting where she’s leaving things (ie: her house keys, cell phone, her best friend’s copy of Through the Looking Glass). She’s inflexible with her plans. Once she makes up her mind, she can’t be swayed. She might be the most sarcastic person in the world. She’s very skeptical when it comes to people, things, ideas. She’s constantly questioning things.
Things that upset him or her: Bullying. Animal Abuse. Littering. Being disrespectful to other cultures.
Things that embarrass him or her: her dad; mostly.
This character is highly opinionated about: She’ll fight men twice her size if she seems them abuse animals or even talking about killing an animal. She’ll get toe to toe with people.
Any phobias? Clowns and being alone in pitch darkness.
Things that make him or her happy: puppies and kittens and just animals in general
Family (describe): She only has her dad. She doesn’t know anything about her maternal or paternal family. Her father said her mother died during childbirth and his family disowned him because he had a child out of wedlock. But her dad is amazing when he’s not being overprotective. He’s funny, kind and makes the dorkiest jokes. He owns a secondhand bookstore in Brooklyn.
Deepest, darkest secret: Doesn’t have one. She likes to keep herself an open book.
Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: n/a
Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Her friends love her. They think she’s the kindest person they’ve ever met. The only people that tend to hate her are the people that don’t understand her; as cliche as that sounds.
Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Her favorite bands are: Sharman’s Harvest, Device, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Gemini Syndrome, Twenty One Pilots, Black Veil Brides, Florence + the Machine, Nothing More and Devour the Day.
Favorite movies: Anything with Captain America.
Favorite TV shows: 2 Broke Girls, iZombie, Arrow and Pretty Little Liars
Favorite books: anything by Cassandra Clare
Favorite foods: bacon
Favorite sports/sports teams: hates sports
Political views: Captain America for President!
Religion/philosophy of life: isn’t the religious type.
Physical health: pretty healthy
Dream vacation: Spending the night in Vlad the Impaler’s castle with a group of her friends.
Description of his or her house: Small, indstrusital and is overlooking a shady park.
Description of his or her bedroom: The walls are covered with pictures of bands, her with her friends and random celebrity she finds hot.
Any pets? She has two Norwegian Forest Cats named Thor and Loki
Best thing that has ever happened to this character:Graduating from NYU with a degree in Anthropology
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: losing her mom so young
Superstitions: doesn’t believe in superstitions.
Three words to describe this character:Sarcastic. Kind. Loving.
If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Fairly Local by Twenty One Pilots. It’s her favorite song.

I can't wait to start posting this story. I have a good feeling about it!
October 21st, 2016 at 01:34am