NaNoWriMo.

I just decided in the last hour, that I will be participating in this year's National Novel Writing Month. I am insane, clearly.

The story I will be writing this year, is the story that I entered with last year (and failed miserably), Rage and Ruin. I had an outline all prepared for it, and I've just spent an hour completely pulling it apart. I've turned it upside down, inside out, back to front and I really like how it's turned out! It makes a lot more sense now that I've made some changes. This is the result of a long shower, plot bunnies appear in my head and procreate. Now I just need to write the damn thing. XD

(I'm going to use the format of everyone else's logs because I'm too lazy to come up with something different)

xluminous
(Had to make a new account because I lost access to the email I used for the last one. #facepalm. Please feel free to add me! :D)

RAGE AND RUIN.
NC-17 | Crime, thriller.
What happens when your whole world is taken from you? You find the person who took it, and take theirs.

Word Count
0/50,000

CHARACTERS.

Alis Blevins - Daughter of the president of The Patriots MC.
Alan Blevins - Al for short. Father to Alis and president of The Patriots MC.
Matthew Sanders (Shadows, Shadz) - President of Sevenfold MC.
Brian Haner Jr (Syn, Gates) - Vice President of Sevenfold MC.
Jimmy Sullivan (Rev) - Sergeant at Arms, left hand.
Zack Baker (ZV, V. Vengeance when threatening someone) - Intelligence.
Johnny Seward (Johnny Christ, Christ) - Member.

MINOR CHARACTERS.

Scotty - Prospect
Damien - Prospect.
Janice Haner - Former Queen of the club and mother to Brian Haner Jr.
Melissa - The club's doctor
Chief Santiago - HBPD, reluctant friend of the club.
Deputy Chief Collier - New to the HBPD, intent on bringing the club to justice.

DARES.

I will mostly be using this pinterest board for ideas/prompts/dares.

Have your characters discuss the names of all of Santa's reindeer.

Thrae Elddim
Dare: Use the phrase "God bless America" in as many situations and ways as you can.
BP: The story does not involve nationalists, revolution, or Washington DC.
DBP: It's always said around/to one character.
TBP: That character isn't even American.

Include a really good death scene.

BP: if it isn’t the villain.
DBP: if it advances the plot.
TBP: if it does not include soppy deathbed confessions of love or anything.

Use one of these random original quotes

P1: "You look awful."
P2: "No, I look awesome."
P1: "That's disgusting."
P2: "Dude, I pwn. Even in low graphics, I look awesome."

"If it doesn't break, it's not fun!"

"I'm a Doctor!"

- Include “I’m a doctor, not a _____!” In your story.

BP: Include it more than once, with a different noun in the blank every time.

DBP: Have the same character saying it every time, and have it get annoying to the point where eventually someone interrupts that character and fills in the blank for them.

Something like:
“I’m a doctor, not a— ”
“_______, we know!”

TBP: Have the most annoyed character end up using a similar line and not realizing it until s/he’s finished saying it. It’s a win-win for the doctor.

Include a strong female character (not a femme fatale).

BP: if it's a main character.
DBP: if she's still incredibly feminine, but a badass.
TBP: if she has vulnerable moments and needs to ask for help, somewhat reluctantly.

I am most likely going to crash and burn by week one, but I'm a glutten for punishment.
October 25th, 2016 at 12:29am