An Introduction

Hello hello,

I'm very honored that you have stumbled upon my blog, and I don't mean to say that in a sarcastic way.

I guess today is the start of something new. Something different. I've tried writing in countless places, both on the Internet and on paper. Unfortunately, all of my attempts were unsuccessful. I'd get something down on paper but I would dislike it and then abandon it. My writing outside of academia has sat on a shelf, collecting dust for quite some time. Thanks to my schooling my grammar, usage, and mechanics haven't gone completely downhill, but I make no promises.

I have no idea why I chose today as the day to start this journey. Maybe today feels different, and I don't know if it is a good or bad kind of different, yet.

Right now, at the present moment, it is 2:58 AM. I was supposed to go to bed hours ago but something was urging me to write. Something deep inside was beckoning me to just start typing.

I am not a consistent writer. I am on and off, and sometimes I seem as if I have dropped off of the face of the earth. That being said, please be patient with me...

This is the start of something new, and I think it feels all right so far.

~ H
October 26th, 2016 at 10:05am