Life & Work & Other Tragedies

Well, it's been about a year since I logged into Mibba and/or updated a story/blog/review....

I never thought I would get to the point where I would not actively be on mibba every day. It never crossed my mind that I would go literal years without giving it a second thought.

This place used to be my home. Seriously I was here constantly all day, every day. If not on my laptop, on my smartphone. When I was on here most was when I was in high school. I had a rough start to high school - what with needing brain surgery my Freshman year. Honestly that's when I joined the website. It was to help me cope with being homebound and so isolated and alone.

As with most any teenager I felt misunderstood and without anyone to understand me.

This place wrapped me in a hug of understanding and I met so many incredible people here.
It was where I could spread my metaphorical wings and soar.

My creativity finally had a place to go. I could finally express myself.

I could write whatever I wanted and not be judged for it. I could get out my inner demons - whatever they might have been. And it was wonderful.

When I made this account it was December of 2007 and I was only 14.

Now, almost 10 years later I return as an almost 24 year old adult with so many lessons learned, so much growing I've done and I feel sad. Sad and happy... I can't explain it. This place defines me more than anything I've ever experienced.

I love each and every person I've met here. And I want to return and start writing again.

I need to get out my creativity again and in light of recent events in my life it's seriously needed.
So to whoever is reading this stream of consciousness - thank you.

I hope I can meet many more individuals in this adult chapter of my life on mibba and look forward to doing so.

I love all of you guys. Even ones I've never met. We're all here for inadvertently the same reason.

And that's to be accepted and understood.
October 31st, 2016 at 02:01am