Some Much Needed Distractions

The world is a mess and a wreck and a garbage heap right now,
so here are some of my favorite fics to hopefully provide some distractions if you need 'em.


Image


Extrinsic by A S K I N G
Original Fiction | PG 13 | Sci-Fi, Romance | In Progress

Extrinsic takes place in the distant future. Humans have colonized another planet but are currently raging war back on Earth. As the war continues and casualties grow, Nina - the daughter of a fallen soldier - is forced to join the efforts and is shipped off to Earth.

Hurricane by losing control.
Original Fiction | R | Teen, Romance, Tragedy | In Progress

Hurricane tells the story of Arabella - somewhat of a free-spirit, wild-child - through the eyes of her friend Lukas.

Orion's Belt by cassiopeia;
Original Fiction | R | Romance| In Progress

Phaedrus and the Madness of Love by The God of Thunder.
Fan fiction | PG 13 | Romance, Crime | Complete

Phaedrus and the Madness of Love is a Hannibal fanfiction that follows the intense relationship between Hannibal and Will.

Stellaris by silenthorror
Original Fiction | R | Action Horror

Stellaris is a sci-fi, horror story. It takes place aboard the Stellaris Space Cruiser where a crew has been in hibernation for two years. They're supposed to awake upon arrival but something goes horribly wrong.

Image


* These description are not my own.

Cascades
MCU | Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers | Rated Mature

“Holy shit,” Howard says, crackling through the speakers. “You alive in there?” Lying is a sin, of course, but Steve’s not sure what else he can do. He’s already lied to the government and Bucky and God Almighty; and himself, himself most of all. He ought to tell the truth. That he’s not quite what they hoped for. That perhaps they should put him back into the ocean.

“Probably,” he says, instead, listening to Howard’s tinny laughter; and waits for the blast doors to unlock.


Bucky Barnes Has His Shit Together (and Other Lies He Tells Himself
MCU | Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers | Rated Mature

You’d think a guy who owns one of the most successful bakeries in Brooklyn, has a million-dollar smile and that antiquated good ol’ boy charm, blond hair and blue eyes and biceps for days, would know what’s what. But don’t let that fool you: Steve Rogers is a mess.

Heaven and That Other Thing
MCU | Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers | Rated Explicit

Bucky Barnes is the owner of a cat sanctuary in Brooklyn, an ordinary guy by the Avengers' low standards, and a growing problem for America's favourite captain. Steve Rogers is publicly straight, endlessly bored, and has a habit of not fully thinking through his decisions when Bucky is around.
Kiss Kiss Fall in Love
MCU | Darcy Lewis/Bucky Barnes | Rated Explicit

Five times Darcy Lewis kisses Captain America and one time Bucky Barnes kisses her instead.

And Now for...The Weather
MCU + Welcome to Nightvale | Darcy Lewis/Bucky Barnes | Rated Mature

It was nice of Steve to want to take Bucky on a brotherly vacation. But taking Clint’s advice on the destination might not have been the best idea. With Jane Foster and Darcy Lewis as their tour guides, the little town of Night Vale - where monsters run for Mayor and winged Angels care more about the World Series results than the local population - is unlike any place Bucky’s ever seen. Strangeness aside, and boy is there plenty, the desert town’s not the worst place to lie sleepless at night.

Three Weeks, Ten States, and One Million Reasons to Fall for You
MCU | Darcy Lewis/Bucky Barnes | Rated Explicit

When Darcy considers all the things she never planned to do, going on a ten state road trip with the Winter Soldier ranks right up there with jumping off the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier sans parachute. Falling for said Winter Soldier somewhere between New York and New Orleans? Never. Gonna. Happen. Probably, at least. I mean, he is pretty damn sexy when he's not glaring at her. Whatever. She's only in it for the taser batons.

Connecting
MCU | Darcy Lewis/Bucky Barnes | Explicit

It started as an assignment for class and grew to be so much more.

Sexual Healing
MCU | Darcy Lewis/Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers | Rated Explicit

Steve Rogers would do anything for Bucky Barnes. Daring rescues, being punched in the face with a metal fist repeatedly, start a war. These were all things Steve Rogers was willing to do for Bucky Barnes. But when Thor brings back an Asgardian cure to finally fix Bucky’s tortured mind, Steve can’t be the one to give him the cure. No. Because this particular Asgardian remedy isn’t a simple pill, injection or topical cream. This cure is delivered exclusively via virgin.

* Literally literature-porn. If you don't want to read porn, don't play yourself and read this.
Cactus Blues
Supernatural | Castiel/Dean Winchester | Not Rated

He knew what he was. Who’d want something covered in thorns?

AKA the one where Dean is a cactus Sam is a rattlesnake and Cas is a wren.


Coffeeshop au
Supernatural | Castiel/Dean Winchester | Not Rated

It starts over coffee.

Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride - Series
Supernatural | Sam Winchester/Chuck Shurley (not-God) | Rated Explicit

Stamp Me With Your Signature
When the Going Get's Weird, The Weird Turns Pro
We Are Here to Unlearn

* This series is from one of the authors who co-wrote Pie Without Plot and these stories are just as complex and wonderful.

Image


* These description are not my own.

Down Home
Twilight | Bella Swan/Edward Cullen | Rated M | Human AU

Sometimes, everything you're looking for ends up being right where you left it.

Starry Eyed Inside
Twilight | Bella Swan/Edward Cullen | Rated M | Human AU

High School Fictional. No one sends Bella into a tailspin quite like Edward Cullen... but can she make him hers? The ups and downs and all arounds.

These Hearts Adore
Twilight | Bella Swan/Edward Cullen | Rated M | Human AU

Innocence spins him harder than moonshine. Patience makes her glow from the inside. Summertime on the lake, and a fall she fears more than anyone ever should. Wild sweet pea and Jeremiah Weed. Morning rain and pink sunshine. One love. Two mouths. One love. One house. Palm to palm, this is how we always start. What started as an entry for Dirty Talkin Edward, grew and grew.

El Camino
Twilight | Bella Swan/Edward Cullen | Rated M | Human AU

He drove a rundown 1973 El Camino, smoked like a chimney - and the few words he spoke were seldom to me.

In the Debris
Twilight | Bella Swan/Edward Cullen and Victoria/Jasper Hale | Rated M | Human AU

A story of unlikely friends, a story of family, a search for truth and a search of self. "She's everyone else's Isabella, but she's only my Bella." "I write a poem about a boy and girl who fall in love in the eye of a tornado."

The History of Now
Twilight | Bella Swan/Jasper Hale | Rated M | Human AU

Life is a song, and love is the music.

Stay Sane, Mibba!
November 9th, 2016 at 03:53am