Don't Stop Fighting

I’m a woman.

I’m bisexual.

I’m a POC.

I’m fucking terrified.

Last night still seems surreal to me. Being born and raised in California, especially the Bay Area, I didn’t realize how hateful and racist the rest of the US is. My first year voting and here I had hoped that our country was smart enough to progress forward in 2016 only to vote for a monster that wants to push us back 70 years. I was still up at 3 AM wondering if this was just some fucked up joke but I knew it wasn’t. So I went to sleep, and I woke up and I cried.

And now I’m ready to fight.

The election is over, but don’t ever think we’re over. This just means we have to come together and fight harder for what we believe in. We are not going to just give in to this disaster because I know how our generation is. We let ourselves be heard and when we fight for something, we fucking fight. We’re needed more than ever, so get loud and get angry. Make this harder for Trump. Protest, campaign, look out for each other because yesterday has shown us that roughly half the country is bigoted and hateful and wants to stop us. We are going to let them know that they can’t stop us and their bigotry will never ever be tolerated.

It’s okay to be scared. I’m scared, too. But I’m still here and so are you and we’re going to keep living and thriving as a big FUCK YOU to the people that want to drive us away.

Take a deep breath, stay safe, and be careful. But don’t give up. We’re going to be okay and you aren’t alone.

I love you all and this isn’t the end.

Remember that.

Deuces.
November 9th, 2016 at 05:42pm