I'm Afraid.

Trump has won the election.

That phrase is absolutely terrifying to me, because with his rise to power Mike Pence is also put into a higher authority. They've both confirmed that they will appeal all of Obama's hardwork and try to take away the Equality everyone worked so hard for. I am afraid for LBGTQIA, people will disabilities, POW's, women, muslims, and immigrants. I fit into three of those categories at the moment, and I'm scared shitless for myself.

In this election, I actually feel betrayed by my own family. Every single person on my side of my family voted for Trump. Knowing that I am a woman who is currently transitioning into a gay man. They both support conversion therapy and I am so glad that I am over 18 when this election happened, because I would honestly fear being sent to a conversion camp. I'm surrounding by people that support a man who is willingly going to attempt to take my rights away, and everyone else's inside LGBTQIA, just because he doesn't like it. I can only imagine the people who are immigrants here and are here legally will now have a hell of a time getting their visa's renewed. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump canceled all visa's (even if he can't do that, I'm sure he would try.) and never allowed another one into the states.

He's going to run us into bankruptcy and none of it would matter as long as he gets his way.

I am afraid of my home now.
November 9th, 2016 at 09:28pm