Beyonce, the Dixie Chicks, and Youtube Are Conspiring to Drive Me Insane

Last week, I think (it's been a fucking eternal last few days, my concept of time is in the garbage-trash), Beyonce was used for ratings performed on the CMAs with the Dixie Chicks. They performed Beyonce's song Daddy Lessons and it was a thing of beauty.

Beyonce, as always, was ***Flawless. The Dixie Chicks were also wonderful. I always enjoy their performances and I love the small insert of Long Time Gone. The guy on the saxophone was out of control. It was a magnificent and joyful performance, only slightly tainted by the backlash of racist comments and the CMAs egregious handling of it.

Anyway, because Beyonce's latest album hasn't been on any streaming service I use, other than the original streaming of her visual album on HBO, I haven't heard any songs on that album other than the ones that have made it reguarly on the radio. The Beyonce/Dixie Chicks version of the song is really the only one I've heard. AND I GOT HOOKED!

I listened to it a ton of times the day after the CMAs and the day after that, and then I realized I couldn't get it out of my head. I literally couldn't get it out of my head. It was playing in the background of my mind 24/7 for days, so I had to make a conscious effort not to listen to it or think about. (I would be in bed reading a book and the song would be scrolling through my head still. I could not focus on anything.)

I finally got it out of my head a couple of days ago, and I'm not trying to get sucked back into it. Yet, every time I get onto Youtube, the first thing that pops up is some version of it. The audio video, the CMA performance, Beyonce's beautiful face...there's always something there trying to suck me back in!

Honestly, it feels like a personal attack on my sanity.

* Saxophone dude is a member of the NYC band Too Many Zooz, Leo Pelligrino.

** I've been listening to different stations on iHeartRadio to keep my mind from wandering back,
but I also have to avoid any stations that might play it, which is tough.

*** I'm Only Joking by KONGOS is a pretty good song too.
November 11th, 2016 at 11:00pm