My Christian Music 2016

Okay, so if you don't already know, I'm usually really slow when it comes to finding new music. I often will find a band or artist and be fall in love with their music up to 10 years after it was first released. In recent years I've been finding mixtures of secular and non secular music, but this year, all of my findings have a Christian base to them. In no particular order they are:

Artist - Album
Red - The End of Silence
Veridia - Inseparable
Lacey Sturm - Life Screams
Rivers and Robots - All Things New
The Gray Havens - Ghost of a King
WLAK - We Live As Kings
Bethel Music - You Make Me Brave

Artist - Song
Strahan - Hurricane Love; Deliverance
For King and Country - Proof of Your Love
John Mark McMillan- King of My Heart
Jonathan Thulin - Compass
Flame ft NF - Start Over
Fight the Fade - Second Horizon
Vertical Church Band - Worthy Worthy
Rend Collective - My Lighthouse; Build Your Kingdom Here; many others

Some of these only came out this or last year but some of them like The End of Silence are 10 years old!!! I had actually been listening to it absent-mindedly on youtube since 2014 but it was only this year that I started to remember the songs and pay attention to the lyrics and then basically fall in love with it.

I have to say that out of the albums I'm most fascinated by We Live As Kings. I've never really heard rap/hiphop music that good with lyrics that focus on God and actually praise who He is and not talk about just mankind in our brokenness. Nothing wrong with that kind of music though. Maybe I just need to give other artists more time to grow on me.

I found All Things New and Ghost of a King and Strahan's songs really refreshing for different reasons. For a long time I've wanted to listen to worship music that doesn't sound like Hillsong/Jesus Culture/Bethel etc. All Things New is the perfect example of how a slight difference in sound whilst still using those familiar christian lyrics can make all the difference. The Gray Havens and Strahan are goldmines to me. They have a different folk sound but use a mix of fresh and familiar lyrics to make amazing fulfilling music. No lie, they both fuelled my desire to learn uke and guitar so that I could sing the songs myself (doing well btw :D )

Compass is ridiculously catchy. On youtube speed it up to x1.25 and its even better lol.

I fell in love with Flyleaf in 2012 and was absolutely gutted when lead singer Lacey left the band. So I was delighted to find out that she had released her own album and I love every song on it to pieces. Whilst I initially synced with Vanity and Rot the title song has slowly grown to be my favourite.

But yeah, that's all I've got. I'm always looking for more Christian music so if you know any (preferably not mainstream) then hit me up!! Hope you enjoy the music that thanks to these artists has made my year that much greater :)

Today's Song
Strahan - Hurricane Love
November 17th, 2016 at 12:33pm