It's the Bachelor but It's Me and a Bunch of Girls and It's Roses for Platonic Friendship

WHAT A TITLE I KNOW.

All right so, being the Nostalgic Asshole that I am, I've decided to run back to Mibba because Mibba has good memories for me and it's the only place I know where I can complain on the internet. So, Voila. It is me.

The title may confuse you, but let me put it in simpler terms. The majority of my friends are boys. I don't know how this happened, I don't know why this happened but it has happened, and I am displeased.

And this is not a fact that I purposefully tried to do. I'm definitely not one of those girls that are like "omg I'm only friends with boys because they're less drama" and I'm like no?? I love girls?? Girls are wonderful?? FEMALE FRIENDSHIPS? I grew up on Sailor Moon what do you mean. But like, nope. It's not happening for me? It's just boys boys boys.

Mind you, I like all my friends, and I like all my friends that are boys, obviously, they're my friends, but taking a step back, lately every single time that I leave my house to go hang out with people, I'm come to the realization that it's just me, and a bunch of dudes. Seriously. Like, always.

I have two close friends who are girls, thankfully, like my best friends that I've had since childhood, but that's about it. I used to have a really close, my best friend actually but we had a falling out and I think around then I realized like, there's no one I can kind of become closer with of the female persuasion now that I have all this time on my hands due to no longer having a best friend because I DON'T KNOW ANY GIRLS. That will hang out with me, that is.

Like, here's the people I hang out with:

I have my boyfriend. He's great. When we hang out with his friends, basically all of his close friends are guys, so it's me and a bunch of guys. Sometimes one of them will bring a girl around, but usually it's just because they're trying to bang them, so I'm nice and everything but I don't get too attached. And then, back to me and bunch of guys. And I like them! Like, they're all super nice. They're fun to hang out with and everything, and I don't feel like I'm just tagging along as "the girlfriend", like we talk without him too sometimes.

Then there's my friends from work. I worked at a pub, and somehow I only managed to make friends with the kitchen guys. Like, the girls up at the front already had really close friendships and idk I like them and all and like I said, I try really hard to be super nice to everyone, but in the end, I ended up just hanging out with the kitchen guys. And so, usually I'll hang out with them ie. me and a bunch of guys, again. Sometimes I perk up when one of them says they're going to bring friends, but then, it's just more guys. Just more guys, and me.

One of them has a girlfriend that I adore and I'm always like WE SHOULD HANG OUT and I basically fawn over her because she's adorable but she doesn't come out with us like, ever, basically. So poo.

Then we have one of my best friends who I also hang out with a lot who is a girl! So yay! But she lives in a house with only guys. They have parties sometimes, but they usually invite... a lot of guys. Some girls, but usually more guys. She's worked at a lot of different bars, most of which have all been with guys, so whenever I visit her at work I make friends... with more guys. She also is single so just brings a lot of guys and their friends around. JUST GUYS EVERYWHERE. I'M SERIOUS. THERE'S NO BOOBIES IN SIGHT.

JUST.
PENIS.

AND THAT'S IT.
LIKE I'M A HERMIT THAT'S BASICALLY WHERE MY FRIENDLY CIRCLE ENDS.

I don't really talk to anyone that much at school- I had a group of acquaintinces, but I stopped talking to them when my friend and I had a falling out. Most of my group projects or whatever have for some ridiculous reason also been with dudes and I'm like NO. STOP IT. I HAVE ENOUGH OF YOU.

And I just??? Don't??? Know??? How to??? Make friends??? With girls???

Like I think it's just because with guys I'm like whatever I don't care but with girls I get nervous because they're so much cooler? And I have this intense need to make you like me? Because you're so cool? And thus probably make an ass out of myself?? And I can't just go up to random girls and be like BE MY FRIEND but also I'm seriously only surrounded by dudes all the time. Like I don't even know where I'd begin female friendship because JUST DUDES.
DUDES.
EVERYWHERE.

I don't know I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining really. Maybe it's like one of those rom-coms, where it's like, as soon you stop looking, you'll find them! But them is platonic friendship ahahaha. I'm still down for the Bachelor scene where it's just a bunch of girls that want to be my friend ahaha.
November 30th, 2016 at 05:28pm