Here's What's on My Agenda

I'm taking a cue from the incomparable, the legendary, the lovely Whitney and giving my readers (and anybody else, I guess) the lowdown on what I'll be working on and what I will not.

As has always been the case, A Summer Nowhere is still my baby! It's a semi-autobiographical story of a girl trying to figure out what the hell she's doing with her life in a tiny little nowhere town, the summer before her last year of high school. Sadly, my life wasn't as exciting or sexy or romantic. But a girl can dream, can't she?

My last conundrum was what to do with my other baby Blood Money. When I started planning this story, which was literally YEARS ago, it had a much heavier vampire theme. Vampire stuff was massive and I sort of thought it'd be cool to cash in. But I'm an infamous procrastinator, so I kind of missed the boat and as I expanded the story, the vampire theme became less and less important. So then it got to the point where it kind of just didn't make any sense.

My new project is going back through the story and rewriting/editing all of the chapters to remove that theme. I have a new explanation for the whole arranged marriage theme and I've expanded on a couple of other ideas that were sort of floating around in the wind there. Also, I should note to those who are interested, these characters will stay basically the same. Alex and Domenic are still ridiculously adorable and perfect and everything else remains as is. Don't worry.

I will, however, go back and redo those little character analysis blogs for each character. And I think I'll add more for other characters, too. I know some of you are curious about the strange and mysterious Ricky O'Neil, so I'll invite him to the party. It should be fun!

Anyway, I won't be updating Blood Money again until I'm all the way updated with the new stuff. I've created an entirely new story... folder? Whatever you call the thing? I've made a newer (and cooler, I think) layout and it's all waiting for these updated chapters. Maybe let me know, though, if you think I should go ahead and update the new chapters. It would sort of be like starting the whole story over. I don't know. But keep an eye out for it, if you want.

Last but not least, my fun little fan fiction smut piece Starstruck is still in the works. I started it as a fun little thing to do in between writing my original fiction, so I'll still be updating that every once in a while. I'm quite fond of it and I hope you are, too.

I guess that's all for now. Also, I'm super obsessed with this blog layout. I don't think you can see it in mobile, but if you can look at it on a laptop, I hope you'll become just as obsessed with my cat as I am.
December 5th, 2016 at 03:49am