Deleting a Story

I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to delete one of my older stories on here. I'm about to delete my old songfic, "Breathe."

In my post about it, I talked about doing this. But at the time, I wasn't ready. It was still a bit sentimental to me, and still is. But now it's not as much.

It's been a while since I've done this. It feels weird, like I'll regret it. But then, at the same time, it feels pretty good. I'm not as attached to it anymore. I don't need it up here anymore. In fact, I feel as if it detracts from the rest of my writing. I see as a poorer example of it, and that it doesn't fit in with the rest of my work. It's also from a point in my past, my writing history, that I've since moved beyond.
So it's a good thing to me, that I take it down.

There's actually a second story I was considering taking down, too. It's "The Big Bang," a drabble I have up, and that I've also talked about here. It's another old piece that I was unsure about leaving up. At first, it didn't seem like it was what I wanted up anymore, either. But, I read it, and thought it was still kinda cute.

And then I read the comments on it, and old as they are, they make me smile. It made people laugh, and I want to leave it up in the hope it may make someone else laugh. If I can make people smile, or laugh, it makes me feel like I made their day even the slightest sliver better. I aim to do it, so "Big Bang" can stay for now.
December 9th, 2016 at 04:59am