Update on My Shrimp + Funny Photo of My Parrot

So I got my red cherry shrimp about a month ago now and I'm still absolutely in love with them. They're little cuties, I mean, just look at 'em!

Image


That was the chaos that is dinner time haha.

And wow, okay, so 2 nights ago I fed them a blanched slice of zucchini:

Image


And now, 48 hours later, and they've eaten the entire slice. I don't know whether to be scared or impressed haha. Those little blurs on the slice are some of the shrimplets I have. They're absolutely adorable.

I still have 4 berried shrimp, too, so this tank is going to be hitting its max load soon I expect.

Unfortunately I've had one female shrimp die, but I checked the water and all seemed fine. She was berried so maybe it was something to do with a failed molt? Or stress? I don't know. I buried her in a pot plant outside.

Other than that, my aquatic friends seem to be doing well. I still have all 9 of my fish, though one is an absolute loner and hangs out by himself for long periods in the afternoon, and another is sort of looking like he might have a bacterial infection. Which isn't good. I've tried to medicate the water with 2 different types of medication and I took him out to see if I could wipe the slime stuff off of him and give him a salt bath in a cup, but that didn't really do much, either. So I'm still on medication number 2 and we'll see how he goes. He's still the bossiest shit in the tank and eating well so I'm not too concerned yet. Unfortunately I can't use most medications in the tank as I have my blue dream shrimp in there and I can't add salt to the water because I have plants.

Ahh, it's all so complicated.

Totally off topic here, but I took the absolute best photo of Leeroy the other day when he was clowning around on my shoulder:

Image


He's a professional nose-picker. I think he thinks I keep all my secrets up there, and in my mouth. He's a strange one.
December 9th, 2016 at 12:54pm