Stories I've Abandoned

I feel like I've been pretty absent from Mibba the last month and a half. I mean, I'm still on every day, but I've mostly been lurking. I was in a huge creative rut during my clinical rotation because I was just so burnt out, but I've finished and I'm on Christmas break so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

First, though, I gotta shout out ace queen Fae, who made a lovely winter graphics blog, which is where I got this lovely banner. And also shout out to my fav gay, Ella, because I sorta stole the username with stuff underneath it thing from her.

ANYWAYS.

I decided that I want to clean out my story list. I did it a while ago, but I have some drabbles and old stories that I started 4 years ago and know I will never touch again that I want to get rid of. I've always sorta wanted to delete my entire story page and start over but lol I can't do that to myself.

SO HERE WE ARE.

I was going through my story list and realized I have eleven stories that I've started and abandoned. Eleven. So I thought I'd make a blog post to get my thoughts in order about all of them, and include the pinterest boards/aesthetics/story edits/etc. that I have for some of them. I did this before, but it was a while ago and I some of the ideas I had for stories have developed since then, so this is where we're at now.

FINGERTIPS
ficmix by nikki | color palette by fae

This story has had one chapter left for months and it's still waiting. I really love where it's at, I just have problems ending things so here we are. I think I might rework a few of the chapters because they feel sort of repetitive, but overall I really like where this story is sitting right now.

HURRICANE
ficmix | story edit by sam |arabella aesthetic by ella | arabella pinterest bard | lukas pinterest board

lol @ me getting super excited about this story and then abandoning it. I was actually thinking about this story today and I decided how I want it to progress, which is exciting. I was struggling to figure out if I want it to be chronological or not, and how big I want the time jumps between chapters to be, but I think I have most of it down now. I just really need to solidify my chapter voices before I go any further because I want them to be consistent (obviously) but I feel like they're a little up in the air now.

REAL
moodboard by fae | story posters by fae | luca aesthetic by ella | luca pinterest board | seb aesthetic by ella | seb pinterest board

Every time I do anything with this story I imagine Ella being like YES WRITE THE THING which I really, really need to do. I also have pretty much all of this story planned out and I have the vibes all set and I know exactly how I want it to go. I want to make a ficmix for this story so that I have something to listen to while I write, but tbh I think I could listen to anything and still write this story exactly how I want. I just need to actually do it, which is a common problem here. I also need to fix the layout because it keeps fucking up for some reason which is annoying me.

PLEASE DON'T GO
moodboard by sam | story edit by fae

Honestly, there's no other reason I haven't written this story other than the fact that I've been in a rut. When I first decided to start it, I sat down and figured out what I was going to title each chapter and how it was going to end. Thinking about it crushes my heart but I'm so in love with it and I can't wait to get back in the swing of it when I get my ~mojo back.

DEAR LOVE

I've always wanted to write a story in the form of letters, and when Ella made the contest that I ended up writing for, I was so excited. I feel like this story has sort of lost track of where it wanted to go, though. I didn't plan it out well enough and the transitions feel a bit awkward and like I was sort of writing in circles and hoping to find some way out. So I have to sit down and plan exactly where I want this to go and find a purpose for each letter. I want to keep the premise the same, but it just needs to be redefined a bit.

YOUTH GAMES
meredith aesthetic by ella | meredith character board by fae | meredith pinterest board | elise aesthetic by ella | elise pinterest board | caprice aesthetic by ella | caprice pinterest board | veronica aesthetic by ella | veronica pinterest board

This story actually makes me really sad, lmfao. Only because I was so excited about it, and I've slowly started realizing that while I completely planned out the characters, I have no idea where I want this story to go. Like, I want it to kinda just be a basic YA story, but there needs to be some kind of plot and that isn't happening yet. So I need to sit down and plan the character arcs and what I want to happen instead of just knowing what my characters' personalities. So hopefully that'll happen at some point because I really do love these characters. They're a lot different than what I usually write and I really enjoy that.

DOE

This story is supposed to be super short, and I already have most of the next chapter written, but it's still just sitting at one chapter because I suck. I actually sorta freaked myself out because the main dude is super creepy so I think that's why I gave up on it a little bit. WHOOPS. But I'm feeling re-inspired for it, so I think I might give it another shot sometime soon. I just need to figure out how exactly I want to end it, because there's a couple ways it could go and I haven't settled on one yet.

UNTOUCHABLE

I still really like my idea for this, but it's a struggle to write because it's based off my real life, and my relationship with my ex. When I first started it I thought it would be easier than it is. We broke up over a year ago now, and I'm now in a great relationship with another guy, so it's kind of difficult to bring up those old emotions and write about them. I hope I can get in the right frame of mind to write it and have it come out the way I want it to. Obviously I know how I want it to go because it's based on my life, but the pacing of it is something I'm still working on.

RUN, LITTLE RED

And here we start with the sci-fi stories that I thought I could do and apparently could not. I actually built a whole world for this story, but I got a bit overwhelmed and it just didn't happen. I also didn't really write out my plan, I just threw a bunch of the stuff into that first chapter and that was that. So I'm going to have to go back through and really plan out the details so that I don't end up with weird plot holes. The story is a retelling of Red Riding Hood so most of the plot is planned out just from that, but I need to figure out the details to make it as "realistic" I can while still keeping it very dystopian.

TO BE TAKEN
aesthetic by ella

This is the second sci-fi story that I tried and failed at. This one is much more cliche, in my opinion. It was supposed to be my NaNo story for last year, but I think I got something like 800 words and then failed so that was a thing that happened. I have this one planned out fairly well because of two reasons. First because it was supposed to be my NaNo story, and second because I wrote a story a while ago that sort of takes place in the middle of this one. I just, I dunno, need to figure out the whole space situation before I try and move forward with this story, I think. I've never written a story that takes place in space, and it's going to be very science-y so I want to make sure everything is as accurate as I can make it.

THAT SUMMER
pinterest board

I've literally been working on this story since 2012 and that's actually so sad. I've written the beginning, and then re-written the beginning, and it still isn't where I want it to be. SO I'M GONNA REWRITE IT AGAIN. It's gonna be a typical YA teen romance, but I just want to write something light and carefree, ya know. But I want the chapters to be longer and include more detail, and really just be more thought-out overall. My writing style has evolved since I started it, obviously, so I want this rewrite to reflect that. And I really just want a story that's a decent length so that's what this is gonna be. I hope. Or maybe it'll crash and burn but that would be tragic because FOUR YEARS GUYS. IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS.

So that's that. Hopefully I'll actually get to all of these stories, but it's definitely gonna take a little while. I still can't believe how many things I've abandoned, my god.
December 10th, 2016 at 09:34am