My Parrot Is a Sweetie | Songs I've Been Obsessed With This Year

So, I got this blog idea from divine;'s blog, and also because today I've been listening to a lot of music.

And rocking out with my parrot, because what else do you do when it's like a million degrees outside.

Image


My birb-stache. ISN'T HE ADORABLE.

So anyway, let's see if I can remember all the songs I've been particularly taken with this year!





I was beyond excited when Green Day's new album came out. And for the like 6 months before that haha. So when these songs came out on their YouTube a few weeks or so before the album release, I was obsessed. Loved the entire album, and also especially:



Oh hell, and also:



Any song that references Adrienne in any way has my immediate love.

I think that's it for them.



I went through a breakup this year and this song came on shuffle once, and it just perfectly described the last night my ex and I spent together. It was a bittersweet sort of thing. This song is now one of my favourites.









I've been really into HIM's last couple of albums lately, which is weird, because I usually prefer their earlier stuff.



I heard this song in a video game I was playing this year called Life Is Strange that emotionally destroyed me. I can't actually listen to it right now, or for a while yet I think, but I loved hearing it in the game. All the music in that game was pretty good actually. I'll just need a few more decades to process it haha. Like, it's fucked me so much that I heard the voice of one of the main characters as a character in Fallout 4 and had to have a break. I couldn't deal with it.





I'd listened to this when it was first released maybe a couple of times, but not properly. A few months ago I came across it again and fell in love. Everything about it is wonderful.





I loved the video for this song, which had me playing it quite often. I got into The 1975 far too late.





I never realised when I was younger, listening to this song on the radio, that it was from the point of view of a cheater.





All of Sia's videos are absolutely wonderful and this was no exception.

How sad that I've only bought 3 albums this year and an EP: Green Day's Revolution Radio, The 1975's albums, and Placebo's EP Life's What You Make It. Next year, I'll have to do better.
December 29th, 2016 at 08:11am