Blog #1: 2017 (My First Official Blog)

This blog is titled "2017" because New Years Resolutions were something I never really took seriously, but I am making a vow this year. With everything I have become, I'm making a vow to experience life in a new light. I am vowing to see the good I have in life and I am vowing to make the best of bad moments. living in the past won't help my future, but it will define it. Life is a circle and eventually things will circle around and resurface- whether positive or negative. If you want to change your circle of life, remember that the past can only be the past, once the present begins.

I would consider this to be a first blog. I would not only like to get more involved with this site but also, I'd like to get more involved with the people on here as well. I've been a storyteller since I was about 4 but I've been writing since 2007. March of 2016 I was put through multiple mental breakdowns days apart from each other. March was probably one of the lowest points in my life. Life was never the same since. I've endured a lot and deep reaches of my mental state was pushed to the surface multiple times this past year. I thought I knew a small fraction of what life was, but what I've been through this past year taught me that life can't really be taught, categorized, or accurately explained. Life is a vast existence- nearly infinite. I've seen and experienced life in ways I can hardly even explain myself. Life is too big to be known or understood and it's something you should not kill yourself over trying to figure out.

I understand that someday I will pass on from this world. I will die and although I was faced with the reality of that twice last month, I realize that I am not ready to go yet. I no longer want to live with the darkness I have been my entire life. Life is too short to hold on to grudges and live life in ways that are harmful to me. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to do and I'm still going through it to this day, but it gets much easier once you start to do it and you willingly leg go of pain which is not easy. Pain is something we all cling to because it is something that we take into ourselves as a way to help express unveiled voids within our subconscious mind. Every desire or fear we have is but an expression of our mind telling us we have a problem that needs to be attended to. Death is what helped me realize that I don't have all the time in the world. I want to live my life not shackled by the pains of my past. I want to see how far I can go with this lifetime. This is but one lifetime. Maybe I'll live again, maybe we only live once. I don't know, but I do know that I don't want limitations on myself anymore. I want to fully live, love, fully be happy, and fully experience what this lifetime has to offer and experience what I have to offer others before I go. I hope in someway I can help touch someone.
January 1st, 2017 at 03:22am