What the Cat Dragged In

Well, well, well... It's me, parry otter. The new username is from A Series of Unfortunate Events which is sooooooo great on Netflix. As someone who read the books as a kid, I can honestly say that I am not disappointed with it or any of the casting. NPH is brilliant and perfect for it. Funny but able to be more serious than Jim Carrey. Some people can't get behind Patrick Wharburton as Lemony Snicket, but I think he's kind of great. I mean, I can't really hear his voice without thinking of Kronk from Emperor's New Groove, but he's a wonderful narrator and the straight-from-the-book quotes in his cutaways make the ten-year-old in me so happy. I could go on and on about it. Can't wait for the next series/season that starts with The Austere Academy.

I actually check this site a few times every day. I've been trying to keep up with people's updates since everyone is kind of active again. It's nice, but to be completely honest, I hardly have any time to myself. If I'm not at work, I'm either sleeping or hanging out with Coty and we mostly just lay around and watch Netflix and do... other things.

But yeah, the idea of moving out has been coming up. He's supposed to get a promotion, but it's kind of getting put off and he;s getting frustrated, so I don't know if that's gonna happen. Part of me just wants him to quit and go into a totally different... field, I guess? I would prefer for it to not be the oil field 'cause I wouldn't be able to deal with him living far away for such long periods of time. He's done construction before and I would kind of like for him to do it again. Maybe it's just what I'm used to since it's what my dad did. I haven't voiced any of these thoughts to him at all 'cause our Plan A is still his manager position at the restaurant, but still. I plan more than he does.

Other than that, nothing is really happening. Our one year is coming up next month and I'd like to think both of us are kind of excited for it. In a perfect world, we'd be able to take a little trip to Kemah or Gelveston or something and stay a couple of nights, but I don't think my funds are going to allow for that. We'll just have to see.

I'm sort of trying to write again, even though, like I said before, I don't really have much time. I guess I'm getting ideas more than anything. I've really been playing around with the idea of a Pokemon story, just cause I finally got Pokemon Moon and I'm looooving it. I don't know enough about the Poke-verse to be totally comfortable with writing in it, though. Also, probably wouldn't get that much attention, but that's not really what I write for anymore. But yeah, I've been playing that quite a bit since I got it.

I've also been toying with a witch story idea 'cause witchcraft is my favorite in stories/movies. I watched The Magicians recently and that shit was so cool. Great first season, crappy ending. Anyway, I have a vague idea of where it might go, but I haven't written a lick of it. I only found faceclaims tonight so I'm trying not to get my hopes up since I'm so flaky with stories. Thinking about making it a co-write, too, but I don't know. I'm kind of a control freak.

So yep, that's pretty much it. Working, boyfriend, Pokemon, kind of writing. Hope everyone else is doing well. It seems like you are.
January 20th, 2017 at 08:51am