First Week of This Semester

Currently Reading: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

First off, gif of me reading drama on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and even here:
Image

My first week wasn't so bad. My neighbors and I chilled on Sunday when I got back and then on Monday we went textbook shopping. Classes are okay so far, although I can already tell it's going to be a rough semester with 2 out of the 4.

General Chemistry II - I could hardly pass General Chemistry I. How can I pass this? I signed up for tutoring because I already have no idea what's going on. WHY IS THIS REQUIRED FOR MY MAJOR?

Italian Literature II - Well the readings seem more interesting than last semester's but this professor is... I don't even know. Goes on a lot of tangents (the first day someone asked where she's from and she ranted for 30 minutes, 29 of which had nothing to do with the question asked). Talks way too fast. She's from Naples and just from hearing my napoletana grandmother speak Italian she mumbles a lot (and if you can't hear the last vowel of the word you're kind of screwed). She played a clip the other day with no subtitles and the actors spoke too fast and mumbled. I heard her exams were ridiculous because she's way too specific. So we'll see.

Italian Politics in Fiction and Film - I'm actually already genuinely enjoying this class. I had this professor last semester for my Italian Film class and he really knows his stuff. He doesn't have PowerPoints so you have to quickly write down whatever you think is important. Usually I wouldn't like this but he's just so intriguing and I'm totally engaged in what he has to say. He's also hilarious. Thursday was fun because me and some friends sang "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" from Potter Puppet Pals and everyone stared. My part was Hermione.

Evolutionary Biology - This was the class I was excited for as soon as I signed up and I already learned a ton. The professor is tad bit all over the place and we're already behind a lecture (heh) but it's seriously not so bad. I don't dread reading the textbook so that's a plus.

And that's about it. My mom wanted me to come home this past weekend for my aunt's funeral but the wake was Sunday (today) and the burial is tomorrow (a school day). Plus my mom isn't leaving until Thursday. I'm upset I couldn't make it. Hopefully my family isn't going to be judgmental about it. I'm already not on the best of terms with this side because we clash quite often.

That's about it.

Ciao a tutti!
January 23rd, 2017 at 06:10am