I Care About You

This is just a quick message to tell you all that I care, because it's after midnight and I hurt inside because I see so many other people hurting and I won't be able to sleep if I don't get this out.

I care about what you have to say. I care about your quality of life. I care and I hurt when you are treated badly. I care that you feel small. I hate that people discriminate or judge you based on adjectives that do not do anything to change the fact that you are a human being. I care when you are snapped at. When you feel unloved. When you have fights. I care when you make mistakes and feel guilty, or like you're not good enough. I even care when you're happy.

When you are scared, I am scared with you. I do not know what you go through, and I won't claim to, but I am a silent, steady hand that will attempt to reach out to you when I can. I care that you don't have a voice. I care when someone hurts you. I care about all the reasons you do not love yourself. I forgive you for your mistakes. For the hurtful words you blurted out in the midst of anger, for the times you have pushed people away.

I might be way more emotional than the average person (as I am constantly told by professionals!) but there is not a thing that you can do that will make me not care. I might not have enough fingers on my hands to offer them out to you all but I keep you in my thoughts every single day. I wish you didn't hurt, that I could take away how scared you are, how alone you feel; that I could stand up for you when you feel rejected, or judged, or upset. I can't. I am just a twenty-two year old sitting behind a laptop in a small Australian suburb, and I hurt because I cannot make it all okay for you, so for now, this is the best that I can offer.

I care about you. And that can mean as little or as much to you as you like, but I'm always here, and I'll always fight for you.
January 26th, 2017 at 02:52pm