I Miss Y'all Sometimes

I haven't been on Mibba in AGES, yo.

Not regularly, anyway. I feel I kind of outgrew the site, so I'm more or less cool with that? But I wonder who around here still remembers me, or who around here I still remember.

(If anyone would still like to keep up with me, I'm on Tumblr.)

((Holy shit, I still remember somewhat how to use BBCode.))

Also I wanted to come here because...well, this is primarily a writing community, and even though I don't post my writing here anymore I wanted to tell y'all that today I posted a poem I wrote yesterday that I honestly think might be one of the best I've ever written? At least, it's my personal favorite I've ever written.

It's called Another New Colossus and it's a satirical rewriting of The New Colossus by Emma Lazarus--you know, the poem written about and for the Statue of Liberty? The one with the whole "Send me your tired, your poor / Your huddled masses yearning to be free" stuff that we all hear and think of as the epitome of all that Lady Liberty holds her torch up for?

If you're interested, you can find it HERE. I'd love to hear what you think. It does include the original poem (at least, the image of the plaque) for reference.

Otherwise, I've been good. Just. You know. Fighting everyone I can on Facebook, because 'tis the political climate for calling people out and shit. =D Hope y'all have been well!
January 27th, 2017 at 02:41am