Sorry I'm So Lazy

I feel like all of the creative energy has been sucked out of me lately. Does anybody ever feel like that? Like, it's not just writer's block. I'm exhausted and thinking about anything just tires me out even more. Every time I open up a chapter to work on, I end up just staring at the screen and giving up. Spending countless hours paging through Tumblr is so much easier than actually being productive. I just don't have it in me lately.

But I ordered some bookshelves to supplement the overflowing ones I already have, so yesterday and the day before, I put them together. And last night I baked a cake. Maybe that's a good sign. I'm determined to get back to my old creative self.

I've been attempting to make my bedroom a sanctuary again. I feel like maybe if I have a clutter-free, serene space, I can finally get some writing done. The shelves should help. But other than those, the farthest I've gotten is a mental list. And it keeps getting longer. And the longer the list gets, the less I want to do anything.

Anyway... that's why I'm not updating my stuff as often as I usually do. I've got chapters already written to post, but I'm worried I'll run out and STILL not feel like writing. Ugh. So, yeah. Sorry I've been such a lazy bitch.

What do you guys do when you feel like this, if you ever feel like this? I'm ready to have my brain back.
January 27th, 2017 at 10:32pm