Is It Okay to Punch a Nazi in the Face?

Well that's a controversial title, ahaha. But! I thought I'd ask you guys your thoughts and all that- Mibba has a really wide range of different opinions, so it's interesting to see everyone's thoughts! I'm always that all-ears type listener, and different perspectives is something that interests me, so let's talk!

Now, I was watching Philip DeFranco the other day, which is like a YouTube mini news channel, and he was talking about how Richard Spencer, alt-right leader, got punched in the face. And, obviously I'd heard about this before. It's a meme now and memes are everywhere, ahaha. So yes, I saw him get punched in the face many a time.

He was talking about how despite not agreeing with his ideology, punching him in the face was wrong, and that people shouldn't be cheering this on because it just gives more fuel to him and his people.

I thought I would be fair, since Richard Spencer apparently does not like being called a nazi, to see why people are calling him a nazi. All I've technically seen about him saying that he's not a nazi is because he considers it a "historical" term, which, I mean honestly isn't a great defense to not being a nazi. Like, if that's your main concern, ahaha. But! Fair chance! I'll see what he's all about, and make my own decision from his own words.

Which is that America belongs to white people, people of other races should fuck off, jews are soulless golems or something, "peaceful" ethnic cleansing, quoting nazis in original german, and nazi salutes.

I mean, if it walks and talks like a nazi. He's pretty clear why he refers to himself as alt-right, he wants his ideology to grow, give himself more power, and nazi has a negative connotation. It's not that he's disagreeing with nazis, he just knows people don't like nazis, and wants people to like him so he can "repossess" America.

... So I mean, he's basically a nazi. And I don't think he really takes offense to that term, so I don't think he really cares of people calling him that. It's just detrimental to normalizing it. Which I mean, good.

But this isn't a is he a nazi blog, but it's a, is it okay for everyone to be cheering at him getting punched in the face?

Honestly, my reaction, is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like, I definitely get why punching him in the face isn't good- physical violence is bad, we should use our words to debate not fists, this is only bolstering his victim narrative of the dispossessed white people, and so on. And I agree! We really shouldn't solve our problems with fighting all the time. Words are important. That's why we don't settle things with boxing matches and so on.

And so there's a part of me that's like, yeah, he shouldn't have gotten punched in the face.

But I mean, on another hand, and it could just be my environment and so on, but like: talk shit get hit. Ahahaha, I mean, that's very crass, but essentially isn't that how we mostly operate?

Like if you go up to someone and you're like "you're a bitch" and they punch you in the face, it's like, well, okay maybe they shouldn't have done that, but also, you called them a bitch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't really feel bad for you, honestly. You made the choice to call that person a bitch? And they punched you. What were you expecting?

If my friend just called someone a bitch and got punched in the face I'd still be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shouldn't have done that, brochacho. That one's on you.

I don't go around calling people bitches, because I don't want to get punched in the face. People get punched in the face for much less.

If you stood up in a regular bar and did the nazi salute, you might get punched in the face. Especially if that person is Jewish. And, if you did, my reaction would be the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When some white person says the n word, especially hard r, and gets punched in the face by a black person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Freedom of speech means that the government can't stop you, but I mean, you might get punched in the face? Like there are real world consequences to your actions, and sometimes that consequence is getting punched in the face.

These are the motions of life? This is how society works? We behave ourselves in public so we don't get punched in the face?

And I'm not saying it's okay or whatever, but I'm just very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what are your thoughts?
January 27th, 2017 at 11:50pm