I Just Need to Rant

I tend to write a ton of AU's for many different fandoms and in said AU's not every character/person is going to stay true to themselves, because whaddya know? It's an alternate universe! I've actually been verbally harassed on Fanfiction.net and Quotev because I don't write things the exact way people want me to. Take my 1D fan-fiction Live On, I know my version of Harry and the others doesn't fit the way they normally are, I know that Harry would never join a gang, willingly take torture to pay for what he's done, and I know that in real life they would never be okay with accidentally killing someone, but for my story they are okay with that, Harry is okay with taking torture and joining a gang for someone he loves. That's the whole point of writing something like an AU because then you aren't stuck with the same plot line and trying to change it to fit your liking but still being true to the original. I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding that fan-fiction is not all black and white, there's a ton of different colors to choose from when you're reading.

If you are a writer of fan-fiction and you follow the plot line then awesome! I seriously commend you for that because I can't ever remember jack from some of my favorite shows. But I personally hate following the plot line because depending on what show (or person) it is for then it doesn't really leave room for a lot to happen or for you to get creative with. I don't know if that's just me that thinks that, because I lost my flair for creativity, or if anyone else feels the same way.

-End of Rant-
February 3rd, 2017 at 02:35am