Be Cautious Who You Work For

So, my previous employer was trippin on some real shit.

I worked for her, but was paid through a state company. Because she didn't have all the funds she needed to pay me for my overtime, she put in my timesheets for me and paid me cash when she needed to. No problem.

But multiple times she has forgotten to put my time sheets in, so I've had to go two weeks to a month with no paycheck. I lived with her, so it was fine; I didn't mind being flexible. But I recently moved.

My other job asked me for my new address so they could make sure I got my check and my W2 form.

This woman asked for none of that. She told me I needed to call the company that paid me to get my W2 form and she told me I would get paid on the 27th of Feb. And I'm thinking in my head "I never gave you my new address, how am I supposed to get my check??" I didn't say anything, though, because I thought "Maybe it's not what I think".

So, a few days before my check came, I asked her if she could deposit it for me since I wouldn't get it at my new address. She said of course.

After about a month of me working for her, I noticed my checks started coming on Saturday instead of Friday, which was no big deal, but my bank closes at 12 PM.

So, having asked her for a favor like this, I kind of hoped she would make it somewhat of a priority Saturday morning and make sure she could get it to the bank before it closed, if the mail came on time.

I messaged her after 12, because I almost forgot, to see if she deposited it in my account.

She told me it came in the mail but she was busy and couldn't get it there on time.

Wth?! How the hell are you busy when I asked you to do something???

First of all, I had to go a month without an actual paycheck, second: I got overdraft fees because I wasn't paid on time, third: I have gone multiple times without getting paid on time (two weeks to a month). She didn't even ask me for my new address when I moved! Wth!

My other job asked me for my new address before I left to make sure I got my last check and my W2 form.

Where is the disconnect with that woman?? And she's so proud about being a professional woman but there are many aspects of her life that she doesn't act like one.

So yeah—just be careful when working under someone and being paid through some government company. Make sure you set some ground rules and let your employer know your limits.

I was very flexible, but she was mad trippin sometimes and I know it was because it wasn't a problem she had to deal with, so why would she concern herself?

Annoying.
February 8th, 2017 at 10:13pm